Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shakti230
What's DOS?
Views: 2,084
Message 1 of 18

Random double vibrate

I have turned off my vibration settings and my phone continually randomly vibrates twice at a time. There are no notifications and I cannot turn this off. Please advise.

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 2,061
Message 2 of 18

Re: Random double vibrate

@shakti230 wrote:

I have turned off my vibration settings and my phone continually randomly vibrates twice at a time. There are no notifications and I cannot turn this off. Please advise.

It's do not disturb causing the vibrations you can turn it off in Moto actions. 

shakti230
What's DOS?
Views: 2,057
Message 3 of 18

Do not disturb is not turned on. Also the setting on vibrate on tap is turned off.
Barons40
802.11n
Views: 2,051
Message 4 of 18

What do you do when this happens?

Highlighted
shakti230
What's DOS?
Views: 2,049
Message 5 of 18

I don't do anything. The phone is left locked on a table and it continually does it. I check it after it vibrates and there are no notifications. I have tried rebooting and turning all of the sound and vibration settings on and off but no change
Barons40
802.11n
Views: 2,046
Message 6 of 18

Sound like it thinks a wrong finger is touching the fingerprint scanner 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,011
Message 7 of 18

@shakti230 wrote:
I don't do anything. The phone is left locked on a table and it continually does it. I check it after it vibrates and there are no notifications. I have tried rebooting and turning all of the sound and vibration settings on and off but no change

Hi shakti230,

This is unusual, not sure if this would help. Just to confirm is your NFC notification turned off? To do so:- Go to Settings > Connected Devices and turn off NFC. Also, may I know which 'Device Model' are we talking about?

Let us know if that helps?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Tressette
Paper Tape
Views: 1,956
Message 8 of 18

Same issue with Moto g6 for the past couple of weeks, it does NOT do it in do not disturb mode. Tried turning off the NFC as advised but no change. Thought it could be something about reconnecting to the wi-fi but can't find a notification for that, I did turn off the open network notifications in wi-fi preferences though my home connection is private and there are no open networks in sight - obviously did nothing. Any other idea? Thanks.

Tressette
Paper Tape
Views: 1,941
Message 9 of 18

It's a different type of vibration - the fingerprint scanner makes a short and light vibration, this random one it's longer like standard notifications, and double.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,888
Message 10 of 18

@Tressette wrote:

It's a different type of vibration - the fingerprint scanner makes a short and light vibration, this random one it's longer like standard notifications, and double.

Hi Tressette,

Thank you for writing to us, this is unusual. Just to narrow down—may I know how often do you see this? Does this show any notification under notification panel when you observe this? What was the last thing you did on your device before you started noticing this?

However, can we quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'. 

Do share us a screenshot of your device 'Home screen' when you notice the 'Vibration'—we would like to take a look. 

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors