Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tressette
Paper Tape
Views: 3,997
Message 11 of 26

Re: Random double vibrate

Thanks Swaraj, I actually sorted it!

I read in an older thread that it could have been linked to an app, so I disabled notifications on each app individually until I found the problem app (one for a local service). It hasn't vibrated randomly since.

For future reference - no notifications whatsoever appeared in the notification bar and the phone could be just sitting on the table or be in use. It did it quite frequently, 10+ times a day, completely random double vibration with no sound. It did NOT do it in DND mode.

Thanks for your advice!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,989
Message 12 of 26

@Tressette wrote:

Thanks Swaraj, I actually sorted it!

I read in an older thread that it could have been linked to an app, so I disabled notifications on each app individually until I found the problem app (one for a local service). It hasn't vibrated randomly since.

For future reference - no notifications whatsoever appeared in the notification bar and the phone could be just sitting on the table or be in use. It did it quite frequently, 10+ times a day, completely random double vibration with no sound. It did NOT do it in DND mode.

Thanks for your advice!

Hi Tressette,

Great, thanks! I am glad to see the progress! Appreciate your efforts in resolving this.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Surya99
What's DOS?
Views: 3,930
Message 13 of 26

wamartins
What's DOS?
Views: 3,454
Message 14 of 26

Hi everyone!

I googled this issue because my Moto G6 started with these random double and short vibrations with no visible reason. It only started after I updated my device to Android 9.

I also can't identify any pattern to these vibrations. It happens when my device is on the table or on my pocket while walking.

Cheers,

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 3,452
Message 15 of 26

Does it do it when you flip the phone on the screen?
wamartins
What's DOS?
Views: 3,440
Message 16 of 26

Sometimes yes, but it mostly happens when I'm not touching it. 

Halo0891
What's DOS?
Views: 3,257
Message 17 of 26

My phone is doing the same thing, I think I've narrowed it down to the latest update. I've noticed it's happening to loads of people who have this phone since updating, a few recommend factory resets but I have a lot of data on this phone so it doesn't seem like the best option to me as it does appear to be happening to so many people, I'd say it's an issue with the actual upgrade, so I can reset it, but as soon as I'm being pushed up upgrade again it'll give me the same problem. 

I've reset application permissions and notifications as well btw and that did nothing, so I don't think that's the issue. 

Any suggestions would be of great help. 

sc000
Punch Card
Views: 3,240
Message 18 of 26

I have this problem too which is due to Motorola's bug ridden botched Pie update

Johnp410
What's DOS?
Views: 2,939
Message 19 of 26

I had this problem, that's how I found the thread. After a week of annoying vibration lol anyway, if you go to settings, accessibility, vibrations, then select touch vibrations off. It worked for me, I have the Moto Z³ 

Johnp410
What's DOS?
Views: 2,936
Message 20 of 26

@Barons40 wrote:
Does it do it when you flip the phone on the screen?

Mine did, also when walking, or anytime I flipped the phone over. I got it fixed now.

Top Kudoed Authors