09-19-2018 02:01 PM
Same problem here with G6 Plus. It seems some settings about APN and network are not correctly configured anymore. Could it be a problem that happened with the latest system update?
Is there a way to modify the network settings without the need of external software or going through a laptop?
09-19-2018 02:16 PM
It *IS* an Access Point Name problem!
(Switzerland, Swisscom network)
I went to Settings->Mobile network->Access Point Names
I unselected "Swisscom Services" and selected "Swisscom Services (CH)"
(see attached pic, if possible)
no need to reboot, it went back working right away.
My software version is Android 8.0.0
09-26-2018 08:35 PM
I am also having this issue with my Moto G6. If it helps in diagnosis, I have found that if I have a 4G cellular connection, the hotpot does not work. But if I downgrade my cellular connection to 3G connection then that works.
This was also an issue on my Moto G3.
Hope this is helpful in solving this issue.
09-27-2018 10:13 AM
That's odd, can we try to reset the network settings, to do so--- locate settings > network & Internet > three dots > Reset > test > reboot the device and test again.
Further, you can also try to test with a different sim card on your device just to narrow down.
09-28-2018 10:43 AM
I too have been facing the same problem of my phone's hotspot with my moto g6 play. I switch it on, devices are connecting but i cannot access the internet through the connected devices. i went through the various solutions u put up on the forum but to no avail.
I tried the following:-
1. Through the safe mode
2. Tried resetting the network settings
3. Tried it with the security off
4. Tried by forgetting the network and again trying to connecting but the same thing just keeps happening
I have updated my information in my profile and kindly urge you to look into the matter as soon as possible.
09-28-2018 10:54 AM
i tired the following steps, now i can connect to any device i want.
1. Go to Settings --> System --> Reset --> Network Settings Reset
2. Go through the confirmation screens to reset the Network Settings Reset. Do not worry, only the network settings would be reset and nothing else.
3. Once this is done, go back to Settings --> Network & Internet --> Mobile Network --> Access Point Names
4. On the APNs window, click on the 3 vertical dots on the top right hand corner of this window and click on "Reset to Default"
5. Come back to the Mobile Network window and you can set Data Roaming to "National Network". Not sure if this really makes a difference, but I set this on my phone
6. Come back to the Home screen and now press the Power button for 15 secs and the phone would hard reboot
7. After reboot, enable the "Portable Wi-fi Hotspot" option, keeping the Wireless radio disabled.
8. Try to connect other devices and you should be able to. I was able to tether the connection to my Windows 10 laptop successfully.
Read it and pass it on to others to help them out.
10-23-2018 07:43 PM
tried this, doesn't work. am on a Macbook, and using Airtel. the same SIM works on another device. on the Moto G6 Play, Bluetooth internet connection sharing works with another phone... but the hotspot feature doesn't work!