Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sagar87
What's DOS?
Views: 1,095
Message 11 of 71

Re: Hotspot doesn't work on G6

I am also facing same issue with my Moto G6 hotspot. Tried connecting to laptop and my old Moto g. Internet didn't work on any of them.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,066
Message 12 of 71

Re: Hotspot doesn't work on G6

Hello Nara5, Arjun405 & Sagar87,

We thank you for reporting, we are still investigating this. We would like to have bug reports for us to further look into the same.

If you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Akhi80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,054
Message 13 of 71

Re: Hotspot doesn't work on G6.

Bug report send to you as direct message. Issue time from connected computer is 5:58pm IST (5:57-5:58).

Please verify and let me know for additional details if any

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,044
Message 14 of 71

@Akhi80 wrote:

Bug report send to you as direct message. Issue time from connected computer is 5:58pm IST (5:57-5:58).

Please verify and let me know for additional details if any

Hello Akhi80,

We are, unfortunately, unable to replicate the issue with the information and reports provided.

Hi All,

Request you to share us few more bug reports on the same for our team to further investigate? This would certainly help.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Akhi80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,042
Message 15 of 71

I can redo, but what additional information is expected?

Akhi80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,009
Message 16 of 71

Hi, 

Uploaded two more bug files. This time I took full report. Please verify and let me know.

Regards

Akhilan

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,001
Message 17 of 71

@Akhi80 wrote:

Hi, 

Uploaded two more bug files. This time I took full report. Please verify and let me know.

Regards

Akhilan

Hello Akhi80,

Sorry, we do not see the additional information. Could you send us again? We would need two Bug reports, one with 'Airtel" another one with a different network provider, also if you can test on different network provider and let us know if you see any improvements? As updated earlier we were unable to replicate the same.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Akhi80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 997
Message 18 of 71

Hi

I have already mentioned that it is not a service provider issue as same sim is working in all other phones. I provided Interactive bug report and Full bug report. If the phone is not taking bug report completely with all information required for your team's troubleshooting what I am supposed to do?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 972
Message 19 of 71

Hi Akhi80,

We are unable to find any issue with the reports shared. If you have already tried testing with another sim card/safe mode/reset app preferences/factory data reset-- then the next logical option would be to visit the service center. So that our service center team can further diagnose your device and help you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

Akhi80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 959
Message 20 of 71

Hi,

Service centres here does mainly 3 things- hardware changes, factory reset, software reinstall. As many people are complaining in the forum - was you able to test in lab and identify that G6 hotspot really works ? If the code is the problem, service centre will not have a solution and I do not want to waste a day in visiting them.

Regards

Akhilan

Top Kudoed Authors