Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 948
Message 21 of 71

Re: Hotspot doesn't work on G6.

@Akhi80 wrote:

Hi,

Service centres here does mainly 3 things- hardware changes, factory reset, software reinstall. As many people are complaining in the forum - was you able to test in lab and identify that G6 hotspot really works ? If the code is the problem, service centre will not have a solution and I do not want to waste a day in visiting them.

Regards

Akhilan

Hi,

Yes, we have had the device tested and we were unable to reproduce. Please visit the service center for further assistance. You can also write us at apsocial@motorola.com for our team to assist you further.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

SimonL
Paper Tape
Views: 873
Message 22 of 71

Re: Hotspot doesn't work on G6

I have this issue on my Moto g6.

Pc connects to hotspot but no internet access. Nslookup reports query refused and ping to a known ping-able IP address fails.

Same issue with usb tethering.

No problem with same sim in my wife's Moto g5.

What do I need to do to get this fixed? I'm in the UK and bought the phone from Amazon.

paribasu
What's DOS?
Views: 856
Message 23 of 71

I am also having the same problem here.

My laptop is getting connected to my Moto G6 hotspot but internet connection is not possible, whereas I can conect to my wife's MotoE5 hotspot and browse internet without any issue.

Lenovo should replace this faulty device.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 812
Message 24 of 71

@paribasu and @SimonL

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device if not done yet, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Karthik1979
What's DOS?
Views: 774
Message 25 of 71

I am facing the same issue with my Moto G6. The internet works fine on the phone but I'm not able to connect to the internet using any other device through hotspot. I've tried WiFi as well USB hotspot and neither works.

This seems to be a commonly faced issue by many customers who have even sent you bug reports but with no resolution from your side. Is this faulty hardware or faulty software? How is this going to get fixed and by when?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 770
Message 26 of 71

@Karthik1979 wrote:

I am facing the same issue with my Moto G6. The internet works fine on the phone but I'm not able to connect to the internet using any other device through hotspot. I've tried WiFi as well USB hotspot and neither works.

This seems to be a commonly faced issue by many customers who have even sent you bug reports but with no resolution from your side. Is this faulty hardware or faulty software? How is this going to get fixed and by when?

Hello Karthik1979,

Thank you for reporting the ongoing trouble, we would like to help. May we know from when have you been noticing the issue? 

• This is odd, can we have this tested in safe mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up > once in safe mode try to connect to another device and let us know how it goes?

Regarding the logs received earlier, we were unable to pull up information or issues related to Hotspot. We are still investigating and would like have some more logs to further look into the same.

Please update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

SimonL
Paper Tape
Views: 753
Message 27 of 71

Hi @Agent_Swaraj

I've pm'ed you the bug report.

Simon

SimonL
Paper Tape
Views: 701
Message 28 of 71

I've tried a different SIM in my phone - and the hotspot does work with this SIM.

So the error appears to be network-related.

Working SIM is on Smarty; non-working Plusnet. Both UK.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 698
Message 29 of 71

@SimonL wrote:

I've tried a different SIM in my phone - and the hotspot does work with this SIM.

So the error appears to be network-related.

Working SIM is on Smarty; non-working Plusnet. Both UK.

Strange, but glad to hear that you were able to identify the issue. Happy to see it working fine.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Akhi80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 691
Message 30 of 71

Changing sim doesn't seem to a problem solver in India.further same sim I tested in iPhone, Asus zenfone, and Lenovo phab. Every where it worked.

Top Kudoed Authors