09-01-2018 12:28 AM
I am based out of India and have had the same problem but resolved it today.
1. Go to Settings --> System --> Reset --> Network Settings Reset
2. Go through the confirmation screens to reset the Network Settings Reset. Do not worry, only the network settings would be reset and nothing else.
3. Once this is done, go back to Settings --> Network & Internet --> Mobile Network --> Access Point Names
4. On the APNs window, click on the 3 vertical dots on the top right hand corner of this window and click on "Reset to Default"
5. Come back to the Mobile Network window and you can set Data Roaming to "National Network". Not sure if this really makes a difference, but I set this on my phone
6. Come back to the Home screen and now press the Power button for 15 secs and the phone would hard reboot
7. After reboot, enable the "Portable Wi-fi Hotspot" option, keeping the Wireless radio disabled.
8. Try to connect other devices and you should be able to. I was able to tether the connection to my Windows 10 laptop successfully.
I spoke to Customer Care and asked them to escalate this issue to the Product team as there is definitely something wrong with the build. It cannot be an individuals carrier/device problem. He seemed reluctant but finally mentioned that he would pass a note to the Product team. Lets hope there is a permanent fix.
09-01-2018 03:09 PM
Please fix this guys. I am having the same problem. It's a killer as I rely on my phone for hotspot.
I would try fix in previous post but I recently had to fix a bunch of settings to conne tto t-mobile properly (related?) and I don't want to cause one problem to fix another.
09-04-2018 12:33 PM
09-06-2018 07:14 AM - last edited on 09-06-2018 07:18 AM by crystallet
Get minimal Android debugging shell in your computer in this link.
[link removed to non-official download site]
Enable developer options in your Android and allow USB debugging. If you don't know how to enable search in Google.
Open the shell.
09-17-2018 09:45 AM
Thank you so much for the help. It solved for me!!!
WHy Moto isn't taking care of this issue? Iam not technically sound if yiu would not have given the solution I would have surely returned the product.
Moto please work on this issue even give this workaround to the customer care of Lenovo so that they can help us the first time we connect to them for the issue.
Iam sure there are thousands of people who are facing the issue and iam sure 100% products will have this issue.
Please be responsible in passing on this infomation.