Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alpha15
Paper Tape
Views: 477
Message 51 of 71

Re: Hotspot doesn't work on G6 Plus

I have the same issue with the hotspot. Have created the profile with the IMEI number. What is the next step? The issue happens in safe mode as well. Try resetting network, new hotspot ID everything. None work.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 445
Message 52 of 71

@alpha15 wrote:

I have the same issue with the hotspot. Have created the profile with the IMEI number. What is the next step? The issue happens in safe mode as well. Try resetting network, new hotspot ID everything. None work.

Hi alpha15,

Thank you for resetting your Network Settings, this is unusual. Just to narrow down—may I know from when did you start facing this issue?

• What device are you trying to connect?
  • What happens when you try to connect? Does it detect your device name on your other device?
  • Have you tried connecting any other device to see if that makes any difference?
  • Make sure you have an active Mobile data on your device.
  • Try changing your SIM card to a different Network provider and test—let us know if that makes any difference?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

dogtown7
What's DOS?
Views: 405
Message 53 of 71

I had the same exact issue, but using Google Fi with a MotoG6 ordered from Google. Hotspot didn't work and the settings for APN not available due to Project Fi app removing them. I live in SF, USA so can't imagine this wouldn't work here or there would be an issue with out of the box APN settings. However, I discovered that when I restored a previous backup when first setting up the device some network setting was copied wrong. Resetting back to factory, and setting up as a brand new android - no backup- fixed the issue.
alpha15
Paper Tape
Views: 383
Message 54 of 71

• What device are you trying to connect? - trying to connect another mobile and laptop
  • What happens when you try to connect? Does it detect your device name on your other device? - It (laptop and another phone) detects the device but does connect me to the Internet. It says DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG. I have flushed DNS network multiple times.
  • Have you tried connecting any other device to see if that makes any difference? - Yes. I have another phone with a hotspot woking
  • Make sure you have an active Mobile data on your device. - Yes. Has an active data connection
  • Try changing your SIM card to a different Network provider and test—let us know if that makes any difference? - So tried using another network provider in the other slot. Still does not work
alpha15
Paper Tape
Views: 382
Message 55 of 71

Facing this issue since Day 1.

Axe80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 316
Message 56 of 71

I have a g6

None of the solutions works for me! Smiley Sad

alpha15
Paper Tape
Views: 244
Message 57 of 71

Still waiting to hear back on this

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 223
Message 58 of 71

Hi Axe80 & alpha15,

Thanks for reverting, sorry about the delay. If you are still having trouble with Hotspot issue, please share us the Bug Report so we can further escalate the same to our engineer team for investigation.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

alpha15
Paper Tape
Views: 212
Message 59 of 71

alpha15
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 60 of 71