Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tw4
Paper Tape
Views: 749
Message 91 of 100

Re: "Hello Moto" won't turn off after update

Hi Rich. Suggest you try reproducing by having startup sounds turned off prior to the pie update.  Suspect that's the only config that will show the problem.

Best

Tom

Scrambow
SCSI Port
Views: 544
Message 92 of 100

Re: "Hello Moto" won't turn off after update

I just installed the latest security update that became available for my model G6, PPSS29.55-37-4-5, and can confirm that the issue is still present.

Given that a previous security update introduced the issue (in my case, PPS29.55-37-4) surely it shouldn't be too hard to trace the cause - audio not being muted during the start-up phase - and put it right in a subsequent security update?

Tw4
Paper Tape
Views: 524
Message 93 of 100

Re: How to turn off "Hello Moto" on startup

Agreed. But they don't seem motivated ...

kevin95630
Paper Tape
Views: 452
Message 94 of 100

I am also unable to turn off the "Hello Moto", which was something I was previously able to disable in settings.

I must say, I am totally disappointed with the response (lack of response, and responses that demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of what the problem is).  Motorola used to represent quality to me.  No longer.  Horrific support.  Shame on you, Motorola.  This will be my last Motorola phone.  It's back to Samsung for me!

Build # PPS29.118-15-11

Scrambow
SCSI Port
Views: 436
Message 95 of 100

How hard is it to remember to put your thumb over the speaker on the rare occation you reboot your phone? I agree that this is an annoyance, but in the grand scheme of things let's be fair - it's about the most minor annoyance one could complain about, so to claim "horrific support" and "back to Samsung" is a tad OTT. 

rcaz
Paper Tape
Views: 432
Message 96 of 100

Sorry, I agreewith the prior comment. They could fix it with an update if they cared about the customers. My next phone with be ABM (anything but Moto).

Highlighted
ciliegia
Punch Card
Views: 424
Message 97 of 100

Although I find the "hello moto" greeting incredibly annoying (like chalk on a blackboard), there is a simple solution (other than the one I suggested many posts ago)...there is an app, Sound Profile, that takes care of the annoyance: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=Orion.Soft
Scrambow
SCSI Port
Views: 413
Message 98 of 100

ciliegia Thank you SO MUCH for that recommendation - it works! Also impressed that it's a default setting, so all you have to do is install the app and that's it Smiley Happy

kevin95630
Paper Tape
Views: 407
Message 99 of 100

That was not my only issue with the phone, nor with their support.  I spent an hour on the phone, getting nowhere.  Took me 20 minutes just to get them to understand what issue I was having.  Ultimately, it resulted in the traditional "factory reset", which also did not help.

As to it being hard to remember to silence your phone before turning it off, you are right.  That's not hard to remember.  It's not really about memory though, is it? Maybe I turn my phone off in haste.  Maybe, I forgot.  Maybe I'm just not "sure", and wherever I happen to be, I don't want to take a chance on being mistaken and having the phone announce itself.  There is a switch for this is settings.  The switch does not function as it did.  I think it is reasonable to expect Motorola to fix this and issue an update to correct it.  As I see it, trying to initiate a debate with other consumers as to whether they should expect their phone to work as it should is what is "OTT".

4arter
Paper Tape
Views: 373
Message 100 of 100

I also tried the "Sound Profile (Volume control + Scheduler)" app and it worked for me.  Under 'General Settings' it's the top item, checked by default.

If a 3rd party app developer can do this, Motorola could have done it too.  This says to me Lenovo/Motorola did not care.  If they planned to fix it in a future update, they should have at least told us that.

Top Kudoed Authors