Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
muaddib32
Paper Tape
Views: 7,214
Message 1 of 16

Re: Minimum volume is way too loud

I have a Moto G6 and can report this is still a problem (August 14 2018). At minimum volume I can easily listen to the speaker several meters away. I can't even easily use headphones to resolve the problem as with little background noise (e.g. a quiet bedroom) the minimum volume is uncomfortably loud. I have to place the headphone next to my ear rather than in it.

stacyknutson
Paper Tape
Views: 7,111
Message 2 of 16

I just got a Moto G6 Play and was having the same issue. It didn't bother me except for one game I like to play (I prefer to play it at a low volume). I finally went into Settings and then Sound, and found a Dolby Audio thing. I selected that and it brought me to various sound options. I selected the Game tab and then turned off something called the "Volume Leveler" and that finally fixed it for me. There are other tabs for music, movies, etc. There also seems to be an option to turn off the Dolby Audio thing completely, but I haven't had to try that yet. So if you are having trouble with the minimum volume being too loud, try changing some settings in the Dolby Audio thing (if you have it), or maybe even turning off Dolby Audio completely. Hopefully this will work for others besides me. 

BigBlueBoat
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,572
Message 3 of 16

Motorola G6 Plus

Yes I have the same problem, it started after Android 9.0 update.
I used to have the option to disable Dolby. Now after the update, you can only pick 3 options: Smart Audio / Music / Film. But you cannot disable!!! It feels like 30% volume at level 1, it's too loud. Does Motorola even check these posts?

MrChicken1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,383
Message 4 of 16

Same problem in the moto z3 play. I got an app for this but it is not working fine...

cric17ld
What's DOS?
Views: 3,192
Message 5 of 16

Same problem here on Moto G6 Play after Android 9.0 update. I cannot disable Dolby and so the minimum volume is too high.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,119
Message 6 of 16

@cric17ld wrote:

Same problem here on Moto G6 Play after Android 9.0 update. I cannot disable Dolby and so the minimum volume is too high.

Hello cric17ld,

Thanks for reporting, please be advised that you would not be able to disable the 'Dolby' as this is working as expected. For your other questions about 'Volume being loud' at a minimum. We have shared your feedback with our product for further lookups.

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

Tchiho0
Paper Tape
Views: 3,030
Message 7 of 16

Same thing happening since my update on motog6 play. Trying to play a relaxing word game is giving me headaches!! It's not the same turning the sound off..
SteveHmobile
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,982
Message 8 of 16

I installed the Precise volume app which worked well to fix this but after 9pie upgrade it doesn't work.

Tchiho0
Paper Tape
Views: 2,969
Message 9 of 16

Same issue for me as well. I looked on here I read that if you download an app which adjusts the sound levels, it will somehow soften the volume. So I got. 'Volume control' and 'Equaliser' and all it showed was that the system volume wouldn't go lower than 14% and then to zero which is no sound at all
BigBlueBoat
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,890
Message 10 of 16

The best work around i have found for this MINIMUM VOLUME WAY TOO LOUD problem is to install a 3rd party volume control / equalizer.

I have "Bass Booster" installed and i just run that at night to force the volume lower.

Set all the EQ bars Low, and it will lower the volume.

The software on this phone is fantastic in so many ways, it would be great if a poor programming issue like this could be fixed soon.

Top Kudoed Authors