Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Numanoid
Paper Tape
Views: 533
Message 61 of 74

Re: Moto G6 Plus - wifi problem

Scroll down front page, select Google Chrome app, select top right three dots, select history etc then start clearing out.
Also clear any old apps you don't use you may have reloaded and update any you've brought across from old phone or account.
Also make sure your phone can update at anytime 4g or WiFi, and that WiFi can't sleep.
I truly can't say if the above changed my phone? What I can say is nothing that had been posted to fix WiFi issues had helped with either of my phones! ( It may on other people's?) I had spent days pulling my hair out trying everything. i can now say my phone is now transformed and working brilliantly. (It really was about to go back). Maybe an update fixed it? Maybe I got lucky?
Matty_G6_issue
Punch Card
Views: 508
Message 62 of 74

Tried this, will let you know if it helps for me. Thank you so much!! 

Numanoid
Paper Tape
Views: 505
Message 63 of 74

Another thing I did was to switch blue tooth off. Stopped my Fitbit communication and other devices linked to my blue tooth. Again I can't say if that worked but I was trying everything that could be possibly bringing my WiFi down.
My g6 still is performing perfectly. Good luck
Numanoid
Paper Tape
Views: 471
Message 64 of 74

Another update about my WiFi drop problem which haunts the g6. 

After having a prolonged period of no problems, I really thought I'd cracked it......

Until today when I had the lastest security update arrive on my phone. I reluctantly installed it and after the phone rebooted, guess what? I'm once again plagued with WiFi drop! 

Please note the phone tells you it's still connected to WiFi, your apps messages videos will tell you differently, until you switch on/off WiFi or simply mode then it will reconnect video will load and messages send.

Come on Lenovo sort it out. 

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 454
Message 65 of 74

@Numanoid wrote:

Another update about my WiFi drop problem which haunts the g6. 

After having a prolonged period of no problems, I really thought I'd cracked it......

Until today when I had the lastest security update arrive on my phone. I reluctantly installed it and after the phone rebooted, guess what? I'm once again plagued with WiFi drop! 

Please note the phone tells you it's still connected to WiFi, your apps messages videos will tell you differently, until you switch on/off WiFi or simply mode then it will reconnect video will load and messages send.

Come on Lenovo sort it out. 

Hi Numanoid,

Sorry to here, we would like to have a fresh Bug Report post update once you notice the issue. Also, with a small video showing what you see?

Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Matty_G6_issue
Punch Card
Views: 438
Message 66 of 74

Installed a second router thanks to a member of this forum, still the same issue. Officially the worst bit of hardware I have ever bought. Smiley Happy I mean it's just unbelievable

ian65
What's DOS?
Views: 428
Message 67 of 74

Having spent the last couple of days looking at the forum and trying all the options I fear that this is a Moto update/ security/ patch issue--there does not appear to be an easy fix to this and Im very concerned that Moto havent been able to resolve--seems to have been going on for months!! For this reason i think theres no value in sending bug reports Moto know what the problem is!!My Moto g6 play appeared fine until the latest security update and it doesnt take too much insight to believe that the update may have exacerbated or caused the issue on my phone--like many on the forum I think that the phone is otherwise very good but this is a significant issue--Ive still got 7 months warranty but what are the odds that when (or if} the new phone is fired up the same issue may appear

Sort it out Guys  

Woodmonster
What's DOS?
Views: 330
Message 68 of 74

My problem is slightly different.  I am using Karma as my wi-fi which is based on cell towers.  I can get every electronic device I own to connect to my Karma...except my Moto G6.  I have done all the resetting. etc. of my cell and my Karma.  I cannot get my G6 to even see the Karma.  I called Karma Customer Support who tried to be helpful by doing a number of things including whitelisting my phone.  My firmware is current, my phone is current (and new), the two devices are right next to each other.  Nothing was able to cause my phone to see the Karma while all the other devices could.  Help!

EddB
What's DOS?
Views: 300
Message 69 of 74

Agent_Swaraj I am a wifi engineer and deal with CISCO - Im going to give you your answer<<< as I got sick and tired of this crappy phone not connecting correctly at work or at home. THE PROBLEM YOU PEOPLE NEED TO FIX << is when the wifi key is transmitted from someones wifi access point or Router -- if it is encrypted it will not work if I set my cisco access point to wifi config --example plan text ( ascii 0 Password ) the phone works and connects stays connected if I connect set config ( ascii 7 03335404021c35434D0248 ) encryted phone will connect but says NO INTERNET like every person on this forum. Every corp network and most routers / access point encrypt the key. The problem is you guys need to actually test this and fix it. Stop clowning around and fix it. I understand you dont know what is wrong....... I have just given you the solution fix the coding in phone how it recives the encryted key. THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM unti you fix this all these hundreds / thousands of people will still have problems
EddB
What's DOS?
Views: 298
Message 70 of 74

Agent_Swaraj I am a wifi engineer and deal with CISCO - Im going to give you your answer<<< as I got sick and tired of this crappy phone not connecting correctly at work or at home. THE PROBLEM YOU PEOPLE NEED TO FIX << is when the wifi key is transmitted from someones wifi access point or Router -- if it is encrypted it will not work if I set my cisco access point to wifi config --example plan text ( ascii 0 Password ) the phone works and connects stays connected if I connect set config ( ascii 7 03335404021c35434D0248 ) encryted phone will connect but says NO INTERNET like every person on this forum. Every corp network and most routers / access point encrypt the key. The problem is you guys need to actually test this and fix it. Stop clowning around and fix it. I understand you dont know what is wrong....... I have just given you the solution fix the coding in phone how it recives the encryted key. THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM unti you fix this all these hundreds / thousands of people will still have problems
Top Kudoed Authors