Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T9Soczek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,928
Message 1 of 4

Re: Moto g6 speaker not working

Unfortunatelly I've been having similar speaker problems with my G6 Plus. The speaker first stopped working right after I got it about 3 months ago. It stopped working without any apparent reason and started working by itself shortly after. It happened a few times since and at the moment despite latest updates it's still off. There seems to be no solution, mono sound, safe mode and reboots have no effect, but it works fine with headsets. I was hoping it was a software problem, but I think I will have to go for warranty repair/replacement which I was sceptical towards because it might work when it gets to them. I loved the phone in general, but this issue makes it insanely unreliable.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,854
Message 2 of 4

Hi T9Soczek,

Sorry to hear about your experience, may I know if you are still facing the issue? Please have your device checked in Moto help app and let us know if that works fine?

We might need bug reports when the issue occurs, let us know if you need steps on how to capture bug report. We would like to take a look.

Regards,

Swraj

Moto Support

T9Soczek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,819
Message 3 of 4

The problem fixed itself shortly after I posted on the forums and worked for over a week which made me hopeful, but it stopped working again today. There is no sound in device help speaker check. As to circumstances it most likely stopped working after I plugged in a microphone headset instead of my usual headphones without a mic, but it might have been a coincidence considering I only noticed it once.
T9Soczek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,795
Message 4 of 4

I decided to try something I saw helped someone else and knocked on the top of the phone with my hand. It helped which is ironically bad news, because it proves a hardware problem.
Top Kudoed Authors