Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidsemloh
What's DOS?
Views: 565
Message 1 of 6

Re: Question about screen unlocking in pocket

I have exactly the same problem with my Moto G6. When I am walking with my phone in my front shirt pocket it unlocks itself and starts dialling numbers. It also often changes the screen brightness to very low so I cannot see the screen to sort it out. I have the pattern lock activated  but it just ignores that and goes straight to the dialling screen. How do I get it to stop this please?

David

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 525
Message 2 of 6

Hi Davidsemloh,

Thanks for posting. This is odd. How often did it happen? Does it only happen when the phone is in your pocket? Leaving it in a table, does it do the same? Wiping the screen with a towel or a handkerchief does it unlock the phone and show the same behavior? Also, I'd like to confirm, do you also have your fingerprint setup on your phone?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Huskymoto
What's DOS?
Views: 415
Message 3 of 6

My g6 also unlocks in my shirt pocket. I use the pattern lock but it will still dial with the emergency dial pad. It has even answered calls without me me knowing that it was ringing. This is bad since this is my business phone and can allow people to hear my conversation without me knowing they are there. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 363
Message 4 of 6

Hi Huskymoto,

Does it only happen when the phone's in your pocket? How about leaving your phone on a table and see if this will happen? It looks like the phone is detecting touches from the cloth. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Huskymoto
What's DOS?
Views: 340
Message 5 of 6

I doesn't do it on a table but it does it in my shirt pocket. I've had other Motorola phones that didn't have this problem. If there is not a way to stop it, I will have to change phones.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 332
Message 6 of 6

Hi Huskymoto,

Please make sure the phone is locked when you put it in your pocket. Also, make sure you don't have smart lock enabled especially the "On-body detection" feature (Settings > Security > Smart Lock > Disable "On-body detection" - That would keep your device unlocked while it's with you. Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors