Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finlay1
Paper Tape
Views: 208
Message 1 of 5

Rear camera will not focus Moto g6 play

HELP!

The rear camera worked perfectly when purchased and before any system updates. Now the camera will not focus on anything. I can't be certain that this was caused by the system updates, just that i noticed it some time after updating. (Is there an easy way to rollback?)

I am currently running the latest available system update (Android 8.0.0 build OPP27.91-143).

I have tried clearing data on the camera apps and I also uninstalled all updates for the camera app. Still will not focus.

This issue is urgent for me as I need to photograph receipts but they are currently blurry and unreadable.

I have attached an example.

I don't notice an issue focusing with the front camera. I was able to photograph the same receipt using the front camera (with considerable difficulty).

Please help!

Finlay1
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 2 of 5

Re: Rear camera will not focus Moto g6 play

The photo in the original attachment was taken from approx. 20cm under fluorescent light but it does not seem to matter what distance or lighting conditions. It is always blurry!

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 132
Message 3 of 5

@Finlay1 wrote:

The photo in the original attachment was taken from approx. 20cm under fluorescent light but it does not seem to matter what distance or lighting conditions. It is always blurry!

Hi Finlay1,

Thank you for reporting here, sorry for the issues. Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Can we also test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Also, if you have already tried clear cache/data on your camera app with no results — would request you to 'disable' the camera app and restart your device > enable again and observe. If this did not help, then we might need Bug Reports to further look into the same.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Finlay1
Paper Tape
Views: 55
Message 4 of 5

Sorry for my delay.

I have updated the imei. Please take a look at the apps, etc.

I tried safe mode and also disabling camera and restarting. It didn't make any difference. 

Thank you. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 45
Message 5 of 5

@Finlay1 wrote:

Sorry for my delay.

I have updated the imei. Please take a look at the apps, etc.

I tried safe mode and also disabling camera and restarting. It didn't make any difference. 

Thank you. 

Hi Finlay1,

Thank you for updating your profile and testing in safe mode with no avail. It looks like a glitch and would suggest sending your device for service so they can further diagnose your device and help you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors