Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nonine
Paper Tape
Views: 7,992
Message 1 of 19

Revert to Android 8 from 9 on Moto G6

I'd like to revert my moto g(6) from android 9 to the andoid 8 it was shipped with.

Can i do a factory reset and refuse the updates ? I'd be fine with losing the data on the phone.

There is a  "Do not downgrade" (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-motorola-one-power/Do-not-downgrade-back-to-Oreo/m-p/42812...) post on ther forums here but it has no links, and the authority of the post is unclear.

Kind regards,

No

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 7,938
Message 2 of 19

Re: Revert to Android 8 from 9 on Moto G6

factory resetting won't delete the updates that's been installed.. you gonna wait for another update if you have bugs. or try a factory reset to fix issues as that helps most problems
nonine
Paper Tape
Views: 7,926
Message 3 of 19

Android 9 disables call recording so this won't be fixed by an update. Is there any wat to get the phone back to the factory settings ?

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 7,922
Message 4 of 19

Yes but the rule is not to say how as it's likely to brick the phone.. so i will say you 100% shouldn't... it's better to have a working phone than a bricked one
sc000
Punch Card
Views: 7,830
Message 5 of 19

Motorola should offer a route to downgrade to verson 8 which worked fine if they can't fix their bodged Pie update

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,792
Message 6 of 19

Hello Everyone,

There's no native way to downgrade or roll back to the previous OS. Thanks for this feedback, we'll pass it along but we can't guarantee any changes. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

NIkolaMi
Punch Card
Views: 7,784
Message 7 of 19

It would be great if we could get downgrade, make it optional update, we understand that its probably big deal to do that, but when u lisen customers it will get them to use product long time,i waited long time to get phone with solid specs and big battery,stock android ,and i regret upgrading to pie and i can't go back, i could not try and decide to keep android 8 or to use a9 there should be like demo 15 days, and if its problematic, option to reverse update- be first company to do that, there i gave this idea for free // Now almost anything else on this phone feels bad now, even battery.

Highlighted
sc000
Punch Card
Views: 7,786
Message 8 of 19

Dear Agent_Rich,

You said Thanks for this feedback, we'll pass it along but we can't guarantee any changes. 

Most of your customers also can't guarantee ever to buy another Motorola phone if the software support and quality remains poor. Motorola needs to do two things immmediately:

1. Acknowledge pubicly there are serious problems with the G6 Pie update

2. Provide an estimate of when you expect to release a Pie update and provide the latest security update. This estimate should allow adequate time for effective software testing which was obviously not done for the initial Pie release

HumanFactors
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,949
Message 9 of 19

I'd like to confirm and say unless I see some official acknowledgement of how completely broken pie made my $400 phone, I'm never buying a Moto G ever again.

In the past I'd recommend to all my friends and family.

I hate Motorola now. I really do.

CDAWG1
What's DOS?
Views: 6,147
Message 10 of 19

Rich, I don't like a lot of the new update. The volume doesn't make since at all. Why would the media need to be the main adjusted with buttons? I need to turn the phone volume up and down all day, however I have to get into settings and change the phone volume. I get changes sometimes are just hard to get use to. But the entire brightness level, I use to keep the bar just a little from the lowest level and now I have to have it 3/4 over to the bright side. I don't like the pages and how you have to delete each thing now and it still does up at the bottom. And I'm often having to redo settings in a lot of things now to allow our not allow access to things and other apps. Is there or will there be an option to have it back the same way it was before?

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors