Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edprisma
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,944
Message 1 of 27

Smart Lock not working Moto G6 Plus

Recently, I have encountered the issue that Smart Lock is not working at all. I tried following the instructions in another post of deactivating the trust agent for Smart Lock, rebooting and then reactivating it, but upon another reboot it stopped working again. Is there any permanent fix for this?

Former Employee
Views: 1,825
Message 2 of 27

Re: Smart Lock not working Moto G6 Plus

@edprisma wrote:

Recently, I have encountered the issue that Smart Lock is not working at all. I tried following the instructions in another post of deactivating the trust agent for Smart Lock, rebooting and then reactivating it, but upon another reboot it stopped working again. Is there any permanent fix for this?

Sorry about the delay in response. May I know if you are still facing the ongoing trouble? Is this intermittent?

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
edprisma
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,820
Message 3 of 27

Yes, it's still not working. When selecting "Smart Lock" in Settings I am presented with a blank page. 

john-carson
Punch Card
Views: 1,799
Message 4 of 27

I'm having the same/similar issue.

My Smart Lock settings page is now also blank. I cannot unlock my phone with voice (ok/hey google, phone wakes but requires a PIN. I have checked settings and retrained voice) and my bluetooth headphones when connected now require a PIN to unlock when previously they were trusted. As the Smart Lock page is blank I cannot have location unlock either (I'd never previously used that)

I'm 99% sure this happened last month after I got an OS update which included Set 2018 security updates. I really like this phone a lot and this is the first issue I've had and I find it particually annoying as voice unlock was a feature I used a lot.

Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Former Employee
Views: 1,789
Message 5 of 27

@edprisma wrote:

Yes, it's still not working. When selecting "Smart Lock" in Settings I am presented with a blank page. 

Thank you for sharing screenshots, is this the same in safe mode? Can we test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. May I know from where did you purchase the device? Let us know if that makes any difference? 

Also, we would like to know from when are you noticing this? Does restarting your device makes any changes?

Regards,

Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Former Employee
Views: 1,787
Message 6 of 27

@john-carson wrote:

I'm having the same/similar issue.

My Smart Lock settings page is now also blank. I cannot unlock my phone with voice (ok/hey google, phone wakes but requires a PIN. I have checked settings and retrained voice) and my bluetooth headphones when connected now require a PIN to unlock when previously they were trusted. As the Smart Lock page is blank I cannot have location unlock either (I'd never previously used that)

I'm 99% sure this happened last month after I got an OS update which included Set 2018 security updates. I really like this phone a lot and this is the first issue I've had and I find it particually annoying as voice unlock was a feature I used a lot.

Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Hi john-carson,

Thank you for reporting, sorry to learn this, just to narrow down—could you please perform Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps and observe if that helps. If the issue still persists, we might need the screenshots and few logs to further investigate.

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

edprisma
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,779
Message 7 of 27

Unfortunately the problem persists in Safe Mode. I purchased the device from a Swiss online retail shop called digitec. This behaviour started even before the September security patch was released. Restarting has not fixed the problem.

Former Employee
Views: 1,772
Message 8 of 27

@edprisma wrote:

Unfortunately the problem persists in Safe Mode. I purchased the device from a Swiss online retail shop called digitec. This behaviour started even before the September security patch was released. Restarting has not fixed the problem.

Thank you for testing in safe mode— before we can move further request you to perform Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Former Employee
Views: 1,760
Message 9 of 27

Hi,

Can we try these steps and let us know if that helps?

• Locate Settings - Security & Location - Trust Agents, verify that Smart Lock (Google) is DISABLED. Exit to the main screen. Reboot device (either Power Off or Restart) Restart Device, enter pin/password/pattern to unlock the device.

• Locate Settings - Security & Location - Trust Agents, ENABLE Smart Lock (Google) In Settings - Security & Location - Smart Lock, after entering pin/password/pattern, verify 5 items exist on the page.

let us know if you have any questions?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

edprisma
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,756
Message 10 of 27

This works, but only temporarily. Upon rebooting, the page goes blank again. 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors