Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 502
Message 11 of 27

Re: Smart Lock not working Moto G6 Plus

@edprisma wrote:

This works, but only temporarily. Upon rebooting, the page goes blank again. 

Hi edprisma,

Great, glad to see the progress. This can be used as a workaround until next reboot and in the meantime—let me report this to our product team for further investigation.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
loveFidelCastro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 494
Message 12 of 27

Is a common problem in Android phones after Nougat. If you look on Google you will find the same issue on multiple brands so I think the workaround is the only way for now.

Former Employee
Views: 491
Message 13 of 27

Hi edprisma,

We want to look further into this, we have your device IMEI's, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state along with the screenshot showing the 'smart lock' empty. 

Here is how you can capture the Bug Report:

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
edprisma
Fanfold Paper
Views: 482
Message 14 of 27

Here is the Bug Report:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SC3hG7HgsOYQ5TFdGdJeK3hqQsG4sOP1/view?usp=sharing

I restarted my phone, opened Settings, and navigated to 'Security & Location', then 'Smart Lock'. I confirmed my security pattern, and then the blank screen showed up. I took the bug report at 20:42 CET (GMT +2).

Former Employee
Views: 465
Message 15 of 27

@edprisma wrote:

Here is the Bug Report:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SC3hG7HgsOYQ5TFdGdJeK3hqQsG4sOP1/view?usp=sharing

I restarted my phone, opened Settings, and navigated to 'Security & Location', then 'Smart Lock'. I confirmed my security pattern, and then the blank screen showed up. I took the bug report at 20:42 CET (GMT +2).

Hi edprisma,

Thank you for sharing us the Bug Report, we will have this shared to our engineer team for further investigation. Will keep you posted in case we need additional information.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

john-carson
Punch Card
Views: 420
Message 16 of 27

@edprisma wrote:

This works, but only temporarily. Upon rebooting, the page goes blank again. 

Likeways for me after carrying put the instructions in post #9. Smart Lock options return (4 not 5 as per post #9 They are OBD, Trusted places, Trusted devices & Voice match) Voice unlock then works but only until the next reboot.

AUSCE
What's DOS?
Views: 399
Message 17 of 27

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi,

Can we try these steps and let us know if that helps?

• Locate Settings - Security & Location - Trust Agents, verify that Smart Lock (Google) is DISABLED. Exit to the main screen. Reboot device (either Power Off or Restart) Restart Device, enter pin/password/pattern to unlock the device.

• Locate Settings - Security & Location - Trust Agents, ENABLE Smart Lock (Google) In Settings - Security & Location - Smart Lock, after entering pin/password/pattern, verify 5 items exist on the page.

let us know if you have any questions?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

I have exactly the same problem of the blank screen, the additional problem is that the devices do not connect automatically via bluetooth, they give problems in the link or they do not know it and they must be re-registered with the key in each connection.

I did the suggested, I hope it works at least right now it worked, I will update if it disappears again.

I mention that my team got it with the official Motorola retail in Mexico and it is a Moto G6 plus.
Daz10
Paper Tape
Views: 365
Message 18 of 27

Bought the G6 Plus 5 days ago after years of Samsung handsets and immediately encountered this very same issue. The workaround does work but as stated earlier only until next reboot. Interested in Lenovos response to permanent fix please.

doei
What's DOS?
Views: 260
Message 19 of 27

Same here! Blank page on Smart lock

So, it's 3 months later and still this problem?...

edprisma
Fanfold Paper
Views: 251
Message 20 of 27

Actually, it seems to be working now. Ever since I updated to Android Pie.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors