05-06-2019 01:23 PM
HI, i have a moto g6 plus that is behaving strangely since last few days(since 1st may to be precise). the speed dial list keeps clearing by itself every one or two days. my mother has a moto e4 and she is having the exact same problem. i have read this same problem is occuring since some time on some xiaomi phones also, has it got someting to do with the android os?? the phones are stock oreo and nougat and haven't been updated except for security patches.
05-06-2019 07:09 PM
I have been facing the same issue with my Moto G4. Can't seem to figure out why and when my recent call contacts and favorites are going out. I'm on Nougat. My friend with a Moto G6 and Oreo has the same complaint.
Who can help us with this?
05-06-2019 09:58 PM
My G5 has the same problem - list clearing regularly (probably daily) - has cleared 3 or 4 times over the last few days or so.
Android Version 8.1.0; Security Patch level 1 Feb 2019.
Has the APP been updated; perhaps deliberately; to display only very recent calls?
I am used to using it as a quick, minimal action means to call contacts with whom I've had recent calls to or from & find (or at least found) it very useful.
05-07-2019 07:56 AM
Thank you for reporting, we would like to help. Just to narrow could you try uninstalling any updated on your Contacts app and observe for 24-48 hours to see if that helps?
Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
05-09-2019 06:13 AM - edited 05-09-2019 06:15 AM
Thank you for your inputs, please be advised that our team is actively working on this. Will keep you posted once we hear back from our team.
In the meantime, please update your profile and share us the Bug Report for us to investigate further. Below are the steps on how to capture the Bug Report;
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.