Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjgtech
Paper Tape
Views: 845
Message 1 of 4

Tel no' unknown - Network state = disconnected

Hi, on my new Motorola Moto G6 Play phone, via settings, system, about phone, status, sim status, (in the "my phone number" field) it says that I have an unknown tel number and in the "mobile network state" field, it says that the mobile network state = disconnected.

Everything else seems to work ok. I spoke to o2 (my network provider) and they said I can simply type in my own number via that field, (eg: settings, system, about phone, status, sim status, my phone number) however i cannot type over or enter any details in that field?

Anyone know how to fix these?   Many thanx

Other than that I am very pleased with this phone so far.....

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 835
Message 2 of 4

Re: Tel no' unknown - Network state = disconnected

@pjgtech wrote:

Hi, on my new Motorola Moto G6 Play phone, via settings, system, about phone, status, sim status, (in the "my phone number" field) it says that I have an unknown tel number and in the "mobile network state" field, it says that the mobile network state = disconnected.

Everything else seems to work ok. I spoke to o2 (my network provider) and they said I can simply type in my own number via that field, (eg: settings, system, about phone, status, sim status, my phone number) however i cannot type over or enter any details in that field?

Anyone know how to fix these?   Many thanx

Other than that I am very pleased with this phone so far.....

Hi.

Thank you for writing to us, please be informed that this is not an issue and nither it would impact the device performance. As suggested to further edit or add your number, please follow these steps:

Go to settings > (search for sim cards) sim cards > select the sim (sim 1 or sim 2) > click on the respected sim you want to change > now you can add your number. 

Once done, you can check on your sim staus that your device number would be updated. In regards to "mobile network state" which shows disconnected, that should automatically shift to "connected" once you turn on your "data network" for that particular number or sim. 

Hope this clarifies and helps.

Do let us know if you have further questions? 

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

pjgtech
Paper Tape
Views: 829
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I do not hvae a sim card option in my settings screen, the only way to get to sim card status, is via settings, system, about phone, status, sim status, my phone number), there is no other option? and this field cannot be amended?
Feenagee
Paper Tape
Views: 127
Message 4 of 4

Hi there, I have the same problem, and would very much like to find a solution.

I have a Moto G6, and when I type into the settings search bar 'sim card', I only see the sim card lock option under Security and Location. I also have had trouble sending texts, which is why I've been looking for possible causes and solutions. I too do not have a phone number under (System, About phone, Status, SIM Status) My phone number, and my Mobile network state says disconnected.

Top Kudoed Authors