Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mahidhar111
Paper Tape
Views: 1,563
Message 1 of 14

Turbo Charging Issue

I bought Moto G6 a month back. For the first 10 days everything worked fine, but then the turbo charger started malfunctioning. whenever i connect the charger to my phone it always displays "Charging Slowly". I guess the problem is with the software as i tried restarting the phone while charging, initially it said Charging Slowly but after restarting it said Turbo Charger Connected. 

Now the problem is even that stopped working. Everytime i connect my charger it says Charging Slowly. Can someone assist ??

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,522
Message 2 of 14

Re: Turbo Charging Issue

Hello Mahidhar111,

Thank you for reporting, can you quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

tanmay17
What's DOS?
Views: 1,406
Message 3 of 14

I have the same issue, it say slow charging even when i started the phone in safe mode(as you mentioned above to test).

I am using the turbo charger provided by the company in the box.

Its really disturbing as it takes around 4 hours to charge my mobile from 20% to 100%.

Please suggest. My phone is not even 3 months old.

Screenshots attached.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,368
Message 4 of 14

@tanmay17 wrote:

I have the same issue, it say slow charging even when i started the phone in safe mode(as you mentioned above to test).

I am using the turbo charger provided by the company in the box.

Its really disturbing as it takes around 4 hours to charge my mobile from 20% to 100%.

Please suggest. My phone is not even 3 months old.

Screenshots attached.

Hello tanmay17,

Thank you for writing to us, a lot of factors depends on this-- the Motorola Turbocharger will charge the device at a faster rate when the device is below 78%. If the device is already at 78% or higher, it will charge at regular speed. Battery charging rate will start to slow down when the battery temperature reaches 44C or above. Once the device cools down, charging rate will go back to normal for Turbocharging.

NOTE: If your device is below 78%, but it does not begin Turbocharging when you plug it into the Turbo Charger, try unplugging and plugging back in using one fluid motion. For more info on 'how to charge your device properly'?

• Can you try to charge your device when switched off and let us know how it goes?
  • Further, try calibrating your device if you still see slow-charging. To do so--press and hold the power button until the screen turns off. The phone will reboot then on its own. We call this a hard reset; it's equivalent to pulling the battery in days of removable batteries. Charge the phone to 100% and then leave it on the charger for a few hours. Repeat this twice a week and observe.

Finally, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

arun_kumar4
What's DOS?
Views: 826
Message 5 of 14

I am facing the same issue . since last night after my phone battery drained totally i put in the charger after that time . my phone dont charge at turbo speed . its like its not even charging just constantly keeping the same at 15 % from last 1 hour. i did wipe cache partition and factory reset still the same. Smiley Sad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 820
Message 6 of 14

@arun_kumar4 wrote:

I am facing the same issue . since last night after my phone battery drained totally i put in the charger after that time . my phone dont charge at turbo speed . its like its not even charging just constantly keeping the same at 15 % from last 1 hour. i did wipe cache partition and factory reset still the same. Smiley Sad

Hello arun_kumar4,

This is odd, have you tried testing with different cable/charger— does that makes any difference? However, please 'switch off' your device and charge it overnight and repeat the process, you should see the improvements.

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

TheLegend850
Paper Tape
Views: 523
Message 7 of 14

I have a Moto G6 phone but after 3 months it is showing a big charging issue. My phone doesn't detect the charger and as a result,I'm stuck with a phone which isn't charging. I tried the safe mode but I still have the problem and I have uploaded my IMEI no. so I request that someone look into this.

Lalitesh007
Paper Tape
Views: 265
Message 8 of 14

Bro I just. Got my Moto g6 plus two day back ..and I'm facing the same charging problem..actually the turbo charging is not working properly. It's says turbo power connected for the 5 min .after 5 min it's starts to show charging slow on the display ..and it's takes really long time to charge then onwards it sometimes takes more then 2 hours to charge .. and Im returning the phone...
Lalitesh007
Paper Tape
Views: 264
Message 9 of 14

Can some one give me solution for this .. it's sometimes take 4hours to charge and shows charging slowly..
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 235
Message 10 of 14

@TheLegend850 wrote:

I have a Moto G6 phone but after 3 months it is showing a big charging issue. My phone doesn't detect the charger and as a result,I'm stuck with a phone which isn't charging. I tried the safe mode but I still have the problem and I have uploaded my IMEI no. so I request that someone look into this.

Hello TheLegend850,

Sorry to learn about the battery charging issue and delay in response. If you have already tested with multiple chargers/cables and 'Moto Help' app with no avail, then the next logical option would be to submit your device for repair.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors