04-04-2019 03:21 AM
Voice Match has abruptly stopped working on my Moto G6 running Android 9 build PPS29.55-24.
The Voice Match slider is now off, and any attempt to turn it on makes it jump back to the 'off' position. I have worked my way through potential solutions on forums, but I haven't been able to find a solution that works for me so far.
I have tried:
Any advice you could offer would be greatly recieved. It's annoying when things stop working for no reason.
04-11-2019 02:15 PM
Thanks for posting. Make sure Google app and other apps are up to date in the Play store. Test this in safe mode so we can separate the third-party apps from causing this behavior.
To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
04-12-2019 04:39 AM
This is a serious bug due to the poorly tested Pie upgrade which varios people have reported. I submiited a report to Motorola Support. The fixes posted by the agents here won't work and we can only hope Motorola fixes their buggy software soon.
04-18-2019 07:20 AM
Appreciate your contact. I'd like to confirm are you using a corporate account? This might block the Voice Match functionality, I saw one thread where users can't unlock the phone using Voice Match, this might be related to the corporate email account.
04-24-2019 09:33 AM - edited 04-24-2019 09:34 AM
I have exactly the same issue as ZPMP1, same phone, same build. The problems started with the recent update of Android to Pie. Before the update voice match worked correctly.
It doesn't work in Safe Mode either.
04-25-2019 08:20 AM
Thanks for confirming. We looked around for some of the cases related to this and here's what we found that works for them. Let's try following this.
1. Toggle 'Use Screen Context' off (since it was on already)
2. Toggle 'Google Assistant' off
3. Go back to the previous page
4. Re-enter the phone's voice settings
5. Toggle 'Use Screen Context' on again
6. Toggle 'Google Assistant' on again
7. Am now able to turn on 'Access with Voice Match'
Let me know. Thanks.
04-25-2019 09:38 AM
Well that seems to have worked for me except that I had to reverse steps 5 and 6 as I couldn't access 'Use ScreenContext' while 'Google Assistant' was off.
What I did:
1) Swiped right from home screen to get the Google page.
2) Hit the three dots in top right corner of the screen, and selected settings from the menu
3) Navigate to Google Assistant -> Assistant -> Phone
4) Turned off 'Use Screen Context'
5) Turned off 'Google Assistant'
6) Hit the 'Home' button to go back to the Home screen.
7) Repeat steps 1) and 2), I didn't need step 3) as my phone remembered where I was previously
8) Turned on'Google Assistant'
9) Turned on 'Use Screen Context'
10) Tried to toggle 'Access with Voice Match. - Eureka it worked!
Hope this also works for others