Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,205
Message 31 of 102

Re: Welcome to the Moto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / G6 Play Community

@naman2898 wrote:

Btw... Does G6 play have face unlock?

and Is moto g5s water resistant?

Hi naman2898,

The answer is-- Yes! The G6 play has "Face Unlock" feature. In regards to "Moto G5s," it is water repellent nano-coating.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

D3viceManager
Punch Card
Views: 1,197
Message 32 of 102

Buy it off Amazon, they are international but carrier ALL USA GSM LTE Carrier Bands except TMO 71 band (600 mHz) which isnt for speed, its for capacity...and they are down to $380 now

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,163
Message 33 of 102

@D3viceManager wrote:

Buy it off Amazon, they are international but carrier ALL USA GSM LTE Carrier Bands except TMO 71 band (600 mHz) which isnt for speed, its for capacity...and they are down to $380 now

Those international versions on Amazon HAVE NO WARRANTY -- so buyer beware. 

We never recommend buying a phone in one region or country for use in another. Bands may be different, features can change, and warranty is only in place in the country where the phone was intended for sale. 

We recommend you buy where you live.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
D3viceManager
Punch Card
Views: 1,148
Message 34 of 102

The GSM LTE Bands are exactly the same.  It makes NO SENSE as to why Lenovo decided to go low-end for the USA.  How do you NOT sell a device like the Moto G6 Plus in the USA?  Whoever made that descision should be FIRED!  If it is wasn't for Project Treble, No US Availability will not only effect Sales, but aftermarket Developement of the Device, which, face it, YOU people care nothing about...

I received my 2nd Moto G6 Plus XT-1926-7, yesterday around 5:00PM Eastern Time.  The Bootloader was Unlocked, I was Rooted, flashing a build of a custom recovery that included the X4 device tree, due to the fact that we are still awaiting Kernel Sources which are due to drop on Friday, at that point a More Solid Custom Recovery Will be developed, a few times.... and most likely tested by myself or someone else on the DEV Team for Moto G6 Plus.  We have one member, a known Moto Z DEV, who cant afford the device. So the members that can are putting together donations for a Moto G6 Plus bought from a Retailer in Europe already set up the order to receive multiple payments.  Unfortunately, we have lost a Great Developer to another Manufacture, 1Plus6 sent him a device, free of charge, because of his time in the Android Community, mostly the Moto G Series, every year that there was a G Model or Multiple G models he has developed for....   Motorola has taken myself back as a customer, from Samsung, because of no Unlock Bootloader Support, and what little we had was taken away in the newer USA ONLY Qualcomm Powered Devices, with the Exynos Chipset model better performing and after 3-7 days of activation, the Device becomes Bootloader Unlockable....So anyway, a little before 10:00 PM Eastern time, i was partitioning the G6 Plus and getting it ready to test Project Treble.  The only things surprising not working are the fingerprint sensor and GPS...I am an official Moto G6 Plus DEV Tester, only because i cannot build bor have the patiets for it....Thank You Lenovo, for keeping your Bootloader Unlock Policy exactly how it is, and SHOULD Exclude NO Moto Device, but Motorola upset a lot of people and lost my sale to the X4 for not allowing Bootloader Unlocking without a reasonable explanation OR WARNING THAT BOOTLOADER CAN NOT BE UNLOCKED IN THIS DEVICE....:shakehead: By The Way, twice i have Overpaid for the G6 Plus on Amazon because i was informed by a Motorola Rep that the G6 Plus wasnt being sold in the USA and i was crushed.  Amazon was my ONLY Option, and we pay MORE Then MSRP for the G6 Plus when it became available from Amazon. So we pay MORE for a device and because it isnt made available in the states, we are penilized with LOSS OF WARRATY.....My 1st G6 Plus had the bent Volume Down Buttom and would ONLY BOOT in FASTBOOT...so it was within the return policy, and i returned it not expecting to purchase another G6 Plus, again, i over pay for a device that is Sold by the same Retailer that I purchased MY G6 Plus and you wont except my proff of purchase when Motorola itself sells products via AMAZON!

Attached, find my Project Treble Proof and with Project Treble, the game has changed and the skies the limit...

ATroyal
What's DOS?
Views: 1,063
Message 35 of 102

Re: Problems when sending sms

I am getting 'Can't send SMS - error 69' while sending sms. I have changed SMSC number then I am getting "message not sent phone number formatted incorrectly". I am using new Moto g6 phone(bought 1 week ago). Please provide a solution for this or is there any issue with phone?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,053
Message 36 of 102

Re: Problems when sending sms

@ATroyal wrote:

I am getting 'Can't send SMS - error 69' while sending sms. I have changed SMSC number then I am getting "message not sent phone number formatted incorrectly". I am using new Moto g6 phone(bought 1 week ago). Please provide a solution for this or is there any issue with phone?

Hi ATroyal,

Thank you for reporting, sorry to learn about the ongoing issue. This is more likely carrier related, have you tried to get in touch with your carrier? Have you tried to reset APN settings? Could you test in safe mode once? 

If none of this helps, remove your sim card-- add a different sim card try to send an "SMS" -- let us know if this helps. If this does-- swap your original sim card and let us know the difference. Meanwhile, please get in touch with the respected carrier provider and let us know what they say about the same.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

TheBeachBum
Paper Tape
Views: 1,033
Message 37 of 102

Why all of a sudden did they remove the ability to set a different ringtone for each of my contacts? It has been an option in everyone of my previous four Motorola smartphones. - Smiley Mad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,026
Message 38 of 102

@TheBeachBum wrote:

Why all of a sudden did they remove the ability to set a different ringtone for each of my contacts? It has been an option in everyone of my previous four Motorola smartphones. - Smiley Mad

Hi TheBeachBum,

Thank you for writing to us, could you try this-- locate contacts/phone > select the contact you want to choose a ringtone for > click on the contact title > click on three dots > select the ringtone > choose from defaults or via the third party, you should be good to go.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Mathews2
Blue Screen Again
Views: 899
Message 39 of 102

Does the system app "archives" will ever work?

umidontknow
What's DOS?
Views: 683
Message 40 of 102

(just posting this here in case my thread gets ignored)

So whenever I download an image online the phone makes this really annoying notif sound and I was wondering if you can turn it off?

Top Kudoed Authors