Message 81 of 102

Re: Welcome to the Moto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / G6 Play Community

I don't get it man why you always take side with motoMoto

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 500
Message 82 of 102

They not called motomoto btw... It's because I understand why they need to slowly roll the updates to their customers.. clearly you don't

Crazyjoker
Serial Port
Views: 479
Message 83 of 102

They are rolling out updates very soon right 😀😀

Really one plus 3 series also getting pie next week it's 2 years old phone and G6 play is just 8 month old phone and ir doesn't get update till and fake news that you are claiming that it's already released show me twittTw photographs

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 481
Message 84 of 102

How is it fake news when Motorola themselves have said it's released? 😆 It's called Twitter not "twittTW"
Crazyjoker
Serial Port
Views: 471
Message 85 of 102

Typing mistake is not mine that was forum mistake when I type Motorola something it write it as Motomoto like that and release of pie update on g6 play in India is fake news no one got the update.im asking you you said that in twtter you seen images write post that image here let me see

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 469
Message 86 of 102

Why would Motorola post "fake news"? It's called a slow roll out.. not everyone that would have got it would share pictures.... Again it's a slow roll out so small amount of people have it now...
PM-ME-ANDROID-Q
Paper Tape
Views: 384
Message 87 of 102

With all due respect, the Motorola G6 update is painfully slow. For companies like Samsung that also release OS updates over half a year late, it makes some sense due to the amount of changes from stock Android. However, Motorola uses a very close to stock Android. It is not excusable that a few gestures and a handful of apps + widgets take so long to release.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 381
Message 88 of 102

@PM-ME-ANDROID-Q wrote:

With all due respect, the Motorola G6 update is painfully slow. For companies like Samsung that also release OS updates over half a year late, it makes some sense due to the amount of changes from stock Android. However, Motorola uses a very close to stock Android. It is not excusable that a few gestures and a handful of apps + widgets take so long to release.

It's not just gestures and apps and widgets.  It's custom gestures and apps and widgets and a whole lot of back-end work to make sure the custom pieces integrate seamlessly with the OS.  On a conference call with the head of Moto's software engineering team several years ago, it was explained to everyone on the call that it often takes more work to weave the customizations seamlessly into stock Android than if you just ripped something apart and rebuilt it your own way.

That being said, I agree that it's a slow rollout, but then Oreo is working just fine for me on my device.  I figure when it's my turn for an upgrade, I'll get it.

PM-ME-ANDROID-Q
Paper Tape
Views: 362
Message 89 of 102

I absolutely get that there's tons of things behind the scenes that many people (and me) will never notice, yet are completely necessary to make Motorola phones run as well as they do. I'd rather have Motorola take their time than release a bug-filled mess.

That said... It's been over a year, just for the first G6 to get stable Pie, and will probably be another month or so before all G6 (just retail) will recieve it as well. It took phones like the G4 over one and a half years to get Oreo. Perhaps it's not a fair comparison considering the size of the companies and software teams, but OnePlus' Hydrogen OS is mostly comparable the Motorola Android experience. Yet OnePlus released Android Pie for the current gen (both 6 and 6T) and previous generations of phone all the way back in December of last year. And even Samsung, with it's notoriously slow updates, has managed to both provide updates and more longterm support than Motorola. So have Huawei and Xiaomi, with similarly bloated software.

It just feels like updates used to be a selling point when Motorola was a part of Google, but under the ownership of Lenovo, judging from numerous other users and reviews, it is quite clearly a weak point.

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 358
Message 90 of 102

G4 getting Oreo took longer than normal because it was an unscheduled upgrade. The G4 got nougat in December 2016. So that was very early for the phone to get an upgrade. Having the g6 family get pie in march/April is still faster than some OEMs

Top Kudoed Authors