cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xpseven
Blue Screen Again
Views: 772
Message 1 of 8

What is wrong with the security of this Moto G6?

Everytime I pick the phone to use it, I get the "enter pin to enable the fingerprint". No even a minute on the table and when I pick it up, put my darn finger in the sensor and "enter the darn pin to enable the fingerprint..." FUUUDGE!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 703
Message 2 of 8

Re: What is wrong with the security of this Moto G6?

@Xpseven wrote:

Everytime I pick the phone to use it, I get the "enter pin to enable the fingerprint". No even a minute on the table and when I pick it up, put my darn finger in the sensor and "enter the darn pin to enable the fingerprint..." FUUUDGE!

Hi XpsevenThis is odd, may I know when did you start noticing this? What was the last thing you changed in your device settings? However, let us try this; 

• Please remove all the fingerprints/pin saved on your device. Reboot your device > test only with the pin lock > observe.
  • Further, test with fingerprint and let us know how it goes?

We can also test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Xpseven
Blue Screen Again
Views: 668
Message 3 of 8

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@Xpseven wrote:

Hi XpsevenThis is odd, may I know when did you start noticing this? What was the last thing you changed in your device settings? However, let us try this; 

• Please remove all the fingerprints/pin saved on your device. Reboot your device > test only with the pin lock > observe.
  • Further, test with fingerprint and let us know how it goes?

We can also test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

"This is odd, may I know when did you start noticing this?"

Like a month ago or so, but it started incrementally until the point it was everytime that I got tired of it.

"Please remove all the fingerprints/pin saved on your device. "

I did a couple of times. I haven't try with only the pin, I always go straight to setting the fingerprints. I'll follow your advice and try the pin first for a day, then add the fingerprints. Also, I had the face unlock.

Also, it happened when I have the phone is in an angle, like I'm watching a video on youtube, the phone in a table, suddenly the screen turn off, when I wake it up, "please your pin to enable fingerprint." I'll atach a pic of phone in the angle so you have an idea.

My wife's MotoG6 have the same security except the face unlock but only ask for the pin after a long time of inactivity.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 629
Message 4 of 8

Thank you for providing additional details, appreciate your efforts. Generally, it asks you pin if your device is restarted or inactive for 72 hours plus. What I would like to confirm if you have tested in safe mode and if it still asks pin every time you approach your fingerprint along with that if you can test the above for us to narrow down.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 621
Message 5 of 8

Please note I have changed the title of this thread.

Edited for profanity.  Even implied profanity is not permitted by our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules.

Xpseven
Blue Screen Again
Views: 558
Message 6 of 8

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Thank you for providing additional details, appreciate your efforts. Generally, it asks you pin if your device is restarted or inactive for 72 hours plus. What I would like to confirm if you have tested in safe mode and if it still asks pin every time you approach your fingerprint along with that if you can test the above for us to narrow down.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Hi Mr Swaraj,

This few days I have been trying to figure out what the fudge is wrong and I have been following your advice and more.

1 day just using a pin.

2 day: activated the fingerprint... same problem, almost instantly, when I pick/wake up the phone, from 3-5 minutes it will ask for the pin to activate the fingerprint unlock. I actually took a chronometer to take the time, I left the phone untoched and picked it up a five minutes mark and it asked for the pin instead the finger.

Then things started to get wierd. I went to safemode aaaaand... no more enter the pin the activate fingerprint, worked as intented... hmm... Rebooted the phone in normal mode, then no more enter the pin the activate fingerprint at 5 minutes mark! BUT, I literally waited 10 minutes and again was asking for the pin... I went to safemode and used it like that for 30 minutes or so. Reboot in normal aaaand... it asked for the pin after between 45 and and 1 hour later.... then I rebooted to safemode and left the phone like 3 hours like that and then rebooted to normal...

3 day now? It have been 24 hours or close to that, that the phone is working as it should. No more enter the pin the activate fingerprint. I have rebooted it a couple of times in normal and... it's still working. Still, I don't now what is/was wrong with the phone.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 498
Message 7 of 8

Great! Glad to know about the progress. Strange, not sure why this would happen. We appreciate your efforts in trying and resolving this.

-Swaraj

Xpseven
Blue Screen Again
Views: 489
Message 8 of 8

Well, to this day and moment, the phone is working fine, and I'm happy.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Kudoed Authors