Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jagd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 899
Message 1 of 7

When Shutting Down Moto G6 it automatically restarts into Safe Mode

This is my 2nd G6.  Customer service replaced the original which was frequently restarting when trying to shut it down.  After several attempts to shut it down, it wouid go into SAFE MODE.  The current G6 has the problem less frequently and tends to go into SAFE MODE the first time it automatically restarts.  It "seems" the problem happens after the phone has been inactive for a period. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 893
Message 2 of 7

Re: When Shutting Down Moto G6 it automatically restarts into Safe Mode

How long are you holding down "Power Off"?  Only a quick and fairly light tap is required to shut the phone down after you press the Power button.  Have you tried that?

jagd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 820
Message 3 of 7

Yes - problem occurs after taping the shutdown(power off) option.  Phone then restarts and comes back in "Safe Mode."

jagd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 711
Message 4 of 7

Update: Problem still exists, but since the phone is on most of the time, we don't give it a chance to happen as much. However, it happened last night and after several attempts (8) to shut down ,we gave up and left it in safe mode overnight. Tried again today, shut down OK. Now working fine again.
eucalyptus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 327
Message 5 of 7

Jagd: Annoying isn't it?

The POWER OFF setup is in need of an overhaul. POWER OFF should do just that...period. As is, it either restarts in SAFE mode, or more rarely, does a correct OFF. Having 2 different functions under the same Touch button is a bug.

Secondly, the RESTART button should have a 2nd popup window showing 2 choices: RESTART NORMAL and RESTART SAFE. And, button functions should not depend on a light or heavy or fast or slow touch. (Home screen icon placement/deletion excepted.)

jcbeg
Paper Tape
Views: 197
Message 6 of 7

I have the same problem with a G6 play. could you please point on to a solution? Thanks. John

eucalyptus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 146
Message 7 of 7

Jagd: The undocumented tip (above) on just a light quick tap on the POWER OFF button after holding down the Power button has worked twice for me.
After 2.5 months ownership of my phone, I've learned to live with the flaw. (Flawed in the sense that the light tap is not documented in the Owner's Guide).
Now I just tap the POWER button to kill the screen and lay it face down. After an (unspecified) period of time, the phone does go into a semi-shutdown/sleep mode, but can receive calls. The phone is actually pretty decent battery usage-wise in this mode.
I just thought it over and concluded I had very little reason to do a complete Power Off at day's end or any other time. Give it some thought.
I'd suggest buying a Motorola car charger if you haven't. They are quite fast, and it's a good way to do a free fill-up.
Top Kudoed Authors