Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hillcf
What's DOS?
Views: 859
Message 1 of 13

Where is WiFi Calling ??

Hi

I bought my G6 Plus in June 2018 from Carphone Warehouse totally Sim-free, to replace a failed G3. I am on the Three (3) network, out of contract, with no issues, apart from the fact that they cannot actually get a signal inside my house, so if I want to use the phone, or text, I have to go outside. To resolve that I have been using the Three inTouch app which enables me to use WiFi to connect through my broadband. Of course, I need this since many websites, including UK Government, require this to send an authorisation code via text, which is pointless if that means that I have to go out in the rain and snow.

However, they are now planning on closing that service in a couple of months, on the basis that ALL mobiles now include WiFi Calling. That would be great BUT neither me, Three, EE or Carphone Warehouse can figure out where it is and how to turn it on.

The mobile is currently running Android 9 ver PPWS29.116-20-21 Feb 2019 security level.

Should this phone support WiFi Calling and, if so, how do I activate it?

The only other option would be to try and find a carrier that can get a signal into my house, or move, and probably pay twice more than I am at present.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 848
Message 2 of 13

Re: Where is WiFi Calling ??

I cannot say if your phone supports WiFi calling but I know that both a Phone and the Carrier/Network must support it for it to work.

I'm a UK user and regularly use Government sites and my phone Does not have Wifi calling.The UK Gov sites send security log-ins via normal text?

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 841
Message 3 of 13

I got it.. Go to "Network & Internet" then make sure the mobile data on.. then go to "Mobile Data" then "Advanced" Then you'll see wifi calling.. if you don't see it there it's not available for your country... Hope this helps Smiley Very Happy
MMUK
Paper Tape
Views: 738
Message 4 of 13

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I have exactly the same probelm. My wide and I have been using ThreeinTouch for a few months so very disappointed to be losing it.

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 733
Message 5 of 13

@MMUK wrote:

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I have exactly the same probelm. My wide and I have been using ThreeinTouch for a few months so very disappointed to be losing it.

Did you even look at my message? 

MMUK
Paper Tape
Views: 729
Message 6 of 13

Yes, I did look at your messgae and it was no help as I do not have the menu options you quote.

Consequently I asked the poster.

hillcf
What's DOS?
Views: 727
Message 7 of 13

I think that some UK carriers will have included WiFi Calling, but mine was bought independently and does not include it (unless you can find or install it).

I needed it because I could not get a mobile signal at home, so the only other option was to buy a new device or shift to a different carrier.

Not wanting to replace a 10 month old device so I had to change carrier and went to BT yesterday. Just waiting for the mobile number to switch. And I get away from Three's Indian support team.

hillcf
What's DOS?
Views: 723
Message 8 of 13

And to MMUK and Barons40 - my 'late' response is because the Lenovo server waited until 20:15 and 20:25 (UK) to send me an email to tell me about your posts today, and in the reverse order!!

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 715
Message 9 of 13

I'm with EE and I have the option
hillcf
What's DOS?
Views: 713
Message 10 of 13

Was that an EE provided mobile or did you get it independently?? Certainly there is no sign of it on mine.

BT runs as a virtual on the EE network.

Top Kudoed Authors