cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Ormik
Not applicable
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎06-24-2018
Location: UA
Views: 1,029
Message 1 of 38

Why I cant register my Moto G6 plus in My Stuff

I try enter s/n (Removed) - not register

then I try register IMEI - click Add a new device, enter IMEI, but system not find phone. Can help me with it?

 

 

 

Edited for Privacy.

 

*Screenshot removed; contains IMEI* -Daisy

Pratikamrutkar
Not applicable
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎02-01-2018
Location: IN
Views: 962
Message 2 of 38

Re: Why I cant register my Moto G6 plus in My Stuff

Try entering IMEI number. You can get the number by dailing *#06# on your phone dailer.

Pratikamrutkar
Agent_Swaraj
Not applicable
Posts: 5,717
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 933
Message 3 of 38

Re: Why I cant register my Moto G6 plus in My Stuff


@Ormik wrote:

I try enter s/n (Removed) - not register

then I try register IMEI - click Add a new device, enter IMEI, but system not find phone. Can help me with it?

 


Hi Ormik,

 

Thank you for reporting, we have your details. Let me look into this for you. 

 

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Ormik
Not applicable
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎06-24-2018
Location: UA
Views: 924
Message 4 of 38

Re: Why I cant register my Moto G6 plus in My Stuff

ok. 

I use:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/account%2Fprofile

then

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/my_devices/

then 

click "Add device to My Stuff"

after entered IMEI I have error: "Unable to retrieve device information. Please confirm your IMEI/MEID or serial number and try again."

Agent_Swaraj
Not applicable
Posts: 5,717
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 897
Message 5 of 38

Re: Why I cant register my Moto G6 plus in My Stuff


@Ormik wrote:

ok. 

I use:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/account%2Fprofile

then

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/my_devices/

then 

click "Add device to My Stuff"

after entered IMEI I have error: "Unable to retrieve device information. Please confirm your IMEI/MEID or serial number and try again."


Hi Ormik,

 

Thank you for providing additional information, we are looking into this and have escalated the same to our concern team.

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Somok
Not applicable
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎06-09-2018
Location: GB
Views: 893
Message 6 of 38

Re: Why I cant register my Moto G6 plus in My Stuff

Even, I can't register my device under 'My Stuff' section with both serial and IMEI numbers.

 

Can you please help me?

Agent_Swaraj
Not applicable
Posts: 5,717
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 871
Message 7 of 38

Re: Why I cant register my Moto G6 plus in My Stuff


@Somok wrote:

Even, I can't register my device under 'My Stuff' section with both serial and IMEI numbers.

 

Can you please help me?


Hi Somok,

 

Sorry to hear about that, sure would love to help! Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. To do so, locate settings > systems > Motorola privacy.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

If you can also share the screenshot of the error message you get when you try registering would be helpful.

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Somok
Not applicable
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎06-09-2018
Location: GB
Views: 856
Message 8 of 38

Re: Why I cant register my Moto G6 plus in My Stuff

Hi Motorola team,

 

I have already updated my Personal information with the IMEI number in this portal and it's saved.

 

However, I am not being able to add my device under "My Stuff". The Motorola Privacy is on in my device.

 

Attahced is the sceenshot (Somok_MotoG6Plus.JPG) of the error when I put my IMEI/Serial no. to add my device. It either keeps on retrieving or shows an error that device not found.

 

Thanks,

Agent_Swaraj
Not applicable
Posts: 5,717
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 844
Message 9 of 38

Re: Why I cant register my Moto G6 plus in My Stuff


@Somok wrote:

Hi Motorola team,

 

I have already updated my Personal information with the IMEI number in this portal and it's saved.

 

However, I am not being able to add my device under "My Stuff". The Motorola Privacy is on in my device.

 

Attahced is the sceenshot (Somok_MotoG6Plus.JPG) of the error when I put my IMEI/Serial no. to add my device. It either keeps on retrieving or shows an error that device not found.

 

Thanks,


Thank you for updating your profile and sharing additional information. We have shared your details with our concerned team. We will keep you posted.

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Medusa1
Not applicable
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-28-2018
Location: GB
Views: 744
Message 10 of 38

Re: Why I cant register my Moto G6 plus in My Stuff

I am also having the same problem. I have tried on several occasions to register my phone with the IMEI number and keep recieving the following message "Unable to retrieve device information. Please confirm your IMEI/MEID or serial number and try again."

 

Are you able to help me?

Top Kudoed Authors