Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mark2300
Paper Tape
Views: 152
Message 1 of 6

Why can't I save a photo to contact ?

I have just taken a photo in portrait mode to use as a contact photo ,but phone won't let me use the picture . I have tried both the original and cropped photo and neither will let the phone save changes ?

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 146
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why can't I save a photo to contact ?

Try this,

Settings/Apps/Contacts app/Storage and clear the cache.See if that gets it?

Mark2300
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your feedback ,but still no good. Still comes up with the message unable to save changes 

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 138
Message 4 of 6

OK

Make a backup of your contacts the old fashioned way just in case.

Contact/Settings/Import-Export and choose export and choose to save them as a .vcf file.This will appear in the first directory of the phone when you use a File manager and look like 000001.vcf.

This is just a safety move as this file can be imported back into any contacts app using the reverse procedure.This is just in case the Contacts have not been,"Cloud" backed up as mine are in my Google account and you can also send  copy of the .vcf file to yourself attached to an Email.Then you will always have a backup copy you can use anywhere in the World.

Once you are happy you have the backups go and try to remove/disable the contacts app.It's  usually a,"System"app so will ask you if you want to install the Factory default version.Take that option and see if you can get the pictures to work?

Mark2300
Paper Tape
Views: 124
Message 5 of 6

Tried that still no good . So I tried to change another contact using an old photo and it worked. So now I will try and look for old photo for new contact ,or try and change settings on camera ??and take another photo

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 114
Message 6 of 6

See if you can check the file details of the piccys that are working aganst the ones that aren't.There might be a clue in there.

Top Kudoed Authors