Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zirbot
What's DOS?
Views: 46
Message 11 of 12

Re: Wifi wont turn on on Moto g6

Hello

I also having this issue... Not exactly sure when first started... Last few weeks

WiFi seems to auto turn off/on with affect of dropping connection to access point and reconnecting to same or alternate access point (I have router upstairs and bridged router downstairs) same experience in work/friends

I have tried the suggested troubleshooting steps (network reset). There are no error messages

I have taken the drastic measures of factory reset and issue remains after setup

My wife has P30 with no issue using she WiFi setup ie router upstairs/downstairs

Really frustrated this seems to be a very common issue and no fix forthcoming from Lenovo/Moto

Thanks

Sean

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 31
Message 12 of 12

Re: Wifi wont turn on on Moto g6

Hi Zirbot,

We'd like to further investigate this. Can you provide us your router information, security type used? Also, please send a bug report when it happened. And please confirm, does it happen with other network?

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors