Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pennsyrail
What's DOS?
Views: 1,020
Message 21 of 34

Re: i broke my moto g6 back glass

Hey guys, not sure if anyone came up with any search results for a replacement back glass, but a quick google search showed there are several vendors that offer replacements. Going to order one for about $16 U.S. I may just see if I can copy the contours and machine one out of aluminium for my phone. That would give the phone much more rigidity too. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Highlighted
Amazon_Customer
Serial Port
Views: 968
Message 22 of 34

@crystallet wrote:

You said you dropped the phone, which has nothing to do with build quality.  Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant, but it's not shatterproof.  

<<<BOOM>>> 

Cosmetic damage to casing.......warranty void !!!!

A crack in the back casing voids warranty.

In 20 years I never had a cracked back of the phone a few small cracks in the front. I had the Moto G6 4 months and had some cracking, crashing issues. I have been informed that as the back casing has a crack the warranty is void. At least on the MotoG4 it had a plastic back that couldn't crack!!!

I will never get a glass backed phone again. 

MadeUpName237
Fanfold Paper
Views: 708
Message 23 of 34

Nice photo. These posts were starting to worry me but if your photo accurately represents how phones are used by the people who back covers are breaking, mine should be ok.

I'm still getting a clear gel case, not to protect the phone but because it is so slick. I don't drop my phones.
Pennsyrail
What's DOS?
Views: 704
Message 24 of 34

"I don't drop my phones"

(drops his phone) 

MadeUpName237
Fanfold Paper
Views: 672
Message 25 of 34

I really don't.

This Moto G6 is my 3rd cell phone. I only got the 1st one, a top of the line RzrV3, because the job I had just started required me to have a mobile phone and that was the one AT&T had the best package for at that time. I still have the RzrV3 and it is still in new condition. I only stopped using it because the carrier claimed to stop supporting it's G2 technology.

At that time, summer of 2016, I bought a really cheap Android Smartphone, because my kid will only repsond to texts, which is also still in new condition. It came with a translucent gel case. It's really slow browsing the internet and recently it started crashing everytime google tries to update, and it never got a single OTA update. So I bought the unlocked Moto G6 direct from Motorola and turned the old phone into a mini, Wi-Fi only, tablet for the 5 year old.

So far I love the G6. I just got my $7 clear gel case from Amazon and now it doesn't make that nerve racking sound of impact on glass when I set it down but I can still see the shiny black case. 

Pennsyrail
What's DOS?
Views: 635
Message 26 of 34

Well, best of luck. I broke mine on the night I bought it, as I said before. Hope you guys have better luck than I did. They should release an an OEM replacement made of aluminium. I'm glad they're partnering with iFixit for OEM replacement parts. Still love the Moto Smiley Happy

weno2019
What's DOS?
Views: 497
Message 27 of 34

I bought the Moto G6 for my boys for Christmas this year. My older son's phone is severely cracked on the back panel. I am currently looking into replacing the panel. I have purchased a new case and protective glass for it. My younger son already has a case for his phone. I am very unhappy with how fragile this phone is. We had other phones for the boys before that lasted through many drops. The only reason we changed was because the apps that they had were no longer compatible with their phones due to upgrades on the apps.

I hope they designers of the Moto G6 will fix this with their next model.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 453
Message 28 of 34

Hi weno2019,

We thank you for your feedback, sorry to hear about that. We have shared your feedback along with our product team. 

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Jackiet
What's DOS?
Views: 410
Message 29 of 34

I sent my phone back to Motorola  for charging  port not qorking correctly  now there trying  tell me the back screen  was cracked and hav 2 charge me a fee. No way was my back screen cracked when put in that box . How can just crack so easily 

Jos14
What's DOS?
Views: 304
Message 30 of 34

Hi Hobbit, you got your device repaired? Just in case there is an official web service for Europe you can get your device repaired https://motorolacare.com/emea/ . Hope it helps.

Top Kudoed Authors