Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shubham886580
Paper Tape
Views: 22,842
Message 1 of 36

i broke my moto g6 back glass

i recently purchase my moto g6 and after few days of use i dropped my phone from my pocket and the back glass fully damaged....can anyone please tell me how much cost it will take to fix the glass in moto sevice centre??

And please moto do something in build quality of moto phones you offers a 17k phone with this type of bad quality and says the back glass is corning gorilla glass??

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 22,242
Message 2 of 36

Re: i broke my moto g6 back glass

Hi shubham886580,

Sorry to know what happened to your phone and I understand you want to know the repair cost however we don't have information about it. So please visit the nearest service center in your location for further assistance regarding this inquiry. Please see this link.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 22,241
Message 3 of 36

You said you dropped the phone, which has nothing to do with build quality.  Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant, but it's not shatterproof.  

Em22
What's DOS?
Views: 22,028
Message 4 of 36

I wouldn't be so sure that the drop is what caused your back glass to break. My back glass broke without a drop from being carried in a handbag in & out of 100 degree heat with high humidity. Just totally shattered, no drop. Absolutely no damage to the front of phone or front screen. Motorola doesn't acknowledge that there is an issue with this type of back and is telling me that I have voided my warranty. I am so angry; I have bought 5 Motorola phones in a little less than 18months but no more. This is a product safety issue; someone is going to get seriously hurt on this improperly manufactured phone back. I will tell you not to call Motorola as they are absolutely no help & are reading from a script. They will not escalate your call or do anything to help when their product goes bad.  Do not buy this phone as there is a problem with the glass back!!! It shatters from excessive heat and delicate handling. I have no damage to the front of my phone or the screen, but the back just badly shattered. Luckily, I wasn't hurt, but I will post this experience here because someone will be and you will have evidence that Motorola was made aware of this issue and chose to ignore the problem with the back of this ohine.

Naresh001
What's DOS?
Views: 21,833
Message 5 of 36

Hi Shubham, please reply if you got your back glass replaced. I need to do the same for mine. 

natashak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,805
Message 6 of 36

True the product is of very poor quality. My phone had problem of excessive heating and is bent. There was no incident of phone falling.  Service centre tells that it is physical damage and not covered in warranty.  What kind of quality checks are done if a phone which is handled so carefully bends. On top of that Motorola service centre staff is so rude that they will not give any explanation and blame everything on customers. Do they expect customers to carry phone in a bubble wrap? 

Hardik20
What's DOS?
Views: 21,702
Message 7 of 36

I have purchased Moto g6 15 days back and today I have found a crack on back glass moreover, my phone has not fallen/dropped.I wonder how low the build quality of moto is..I have been a moto user since last 4 years but this is the first time I have faced this incident.

I request you to do something for this on a serious notice
John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 21,682
Message 8 of 36

@natashak wrote:

True the product is of very poor quality. My phone had problem of excessive heating and is bent. There was no incident of phone falling.  Service centre tells that it is physical damage and not covered in warranty.  What kind of quality checks are done if a phone which is handled so carefully bends. On top of that Motorola service centre staff is so rude that they will not give any explanation and blame everything on customers. Do they expect customers to carry phone in a bubble wrap? 

"Bendable glass" huh?

I wonder why Motorola don't make more of this remarkable breakthrough?

natashak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,673
Message 9 of 36

Mid section is bent , not exactly the glass. So back glass looks kind of detached from centre metallic body .

Bhushan19
What's DOS?
Views: 20,771
Message 10 of 36

Glass for the back cover was certainly poor design choice by the Lenovo Moto G6 design team.

What were they thinking!? Users like a decent sleek shiny phone - I too liked it - hence I bought it.

But I now have regrets. Not only on one count, but multiple. 

I have been a loyal supporter of Moto phone (G6 is the third one I bought from the Moto G series)

My Moto G6 back glass shattered completely at the first fall from a height of a seated person's pocket (seated on a chair). The screen is  intact. I don't know if this is somehow covered in warranty. Any suggestions on getting the back cover replaced authentically in India?

The phone heats up abnormally during power charging and sometimes during normal usage.

The battery life is slightly worse than Moto G5SPlus.

For other G6 users I have a sincere suggestion: If you want to avoid shattering the phone, get a good protective back cover shell for your G6. I did not want to spoil the sleek shiny looks by hiding it under a plastic cover. But I now regert this decision. The glass back  perhaps would not have shattered if a plastic back cover shell was there.

Top Kudoed Authors