Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Blackspeare
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,596
Message 1 of 9

individual text message notifications

I am using a Moto G6.  Suddenly I no longer get the notification bubble for new messaging texts.  I've checked all the system notification settings and all are on.  The text messaging app (Google) is working fine, but I have to open the app to see whether I have a new text.  Thanks for any ideas.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,530
Message 2 of 9

Re: individual text message notifications

Hi Blackspeare,

Thanks for posting, allow us to help. Let's try this. Kindly go to your Messaging app > tap the 3 dots on the top-right corner of the screen > Settings > Notifications > Importance and select "Urgent". Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Blackspeare
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,523
Message 3 of 9

Just tried it. No dot, but the drop down window does show a text came in. Anything else?
Blackspeare
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,518
Message 4 of 9

I should also tell you the notification dots work with gmail and my.com apps. Also, I'm using the Microsoft app launcher if that makes a difference. Thanks again for your time.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,506
Message 5 of 9

Hi Blackspeare,

Thanks for trying. This is about the notification dots. Can you please check if that feature is enabled in the Settings? To do so, touch and hold the home screen > Settings >  Notification dots > Make sure "Allow Notification dots" is enabled > Touch "Notifications" > Look for the apps you'd like to have notification dots. Let us know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Blackspeare
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,477
Message 6 of 9

I opened settings and all "notification dots" are enabled. There is still no dot over the Message app when a text is received, though the drop down window does show a text was received. All other apps show the notification dot including email and browser apps. Also, I'm using the Microsoft App Launcher if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,445
Message 7 of 9

@Blackspeare wrote:
I opened settings and all "notification dots" are enabled. There is still no dot over the Message app when a text is received, though the drop down window does show a text was received. All other apps show the notification dot including email and browser apps. Also, I'm using the Microsoft App Launcher if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the additional information, I personally believe it's the launcher causing trouble—please uninstall any launcher you are using on your device > reboot your device > make sure the 'Dot notification' settings are enabled and observe. Let us know if that makes any difference?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Edit: Marked as solution - Rich

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Blackspeare
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,436
Message 8 of 9

I uninstalled the Microsoft App Launcher and reverted back to the system Moto Launcher and voila the notification dot over the message app is back! You're good! Can the Moto Launcher be configured vertically and in alphabetical order similar to the Microsoft Launcher?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,413
Message 9 of 9

Hi Blackspeare,

We're glad it works after uninstalling the launcher. We don't have any recommended third-party launcher app, though you can try searching and trying some of the available apps in Play store. Let us know if you need further help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors