Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcb_ny
Paper Tape
Views: 1,367
Message 21 of 79

Re: low speaker volume on phone calls

For the record, I have gone through the various power cycles / app and cache clearing / resetting / updating recommended by the self-service troubleshooters. The phone came with this issue out of the box, and the issue persists. 

colinashley
Paper Tape
Views: 1,362
Message 22 of 79

Don't hold you breath that this will ever get fixed by Lenovo. This issue has been ongoing for months with multiple users complaining about low speaker volume on calls, but no admission on their part that there is even a problem let alone that they are working on a fix! It's clearly a software issue because the speaker works fine in other applications.
Highlighted
bcb_ny
Paper Tape
Views: 1,352
Message 23 of 79

That was my assessment, too, but there's a part of me that will try to remain optimistic...I guess it's a good thing for me that most of my communicating is done via other means =)

johnnyboftempe
Paper Tape
Views: 1,316
Message 24 of 79

Same to all of this.  Very disappointing that there's not a fix after all this time.  Considering returning the G6 and using a different device.

johnnyboftempe
Paper Tape
Views: 1,314
Message 25 of 79

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@colinashley wrote:

Ditto - it only happens in calls. Please fix! 

Hi colinashley,

Thanks for reporting, we appreciate your feedback and we will pass it along. But just to better understand—which device model are we talking about? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Is there any update on a fix for this issue?  Thanks for any information!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,234
Message 26 of 79

@bcb_ny wrote:

Just got my G6, and lo and behold, same issue: speaker volume for phone calls is whisper quiet. The speaker volume for media (i.e. not phone calls) and alarms is perfectly adequate. When I plug in a headset and use it for a call, the volume is plenty loud, even at a moderate setting. Unfortunately, for me, enabling the hearing aid compatibility mentioned earlier doesn't offser any assistance.

As stated by other users, I'm really curious as to why we even have to have this conversation...the G6 is still supposed to be a phone first, right? Shouldn't that be the first thing you all check when doing system testing? When can we expect the fix? Alternatively, who can authorize the handset warranty being maintained after I root the phone and fix it myself?

Hi bcb_ny,

We thank you for your feedback, this is unusual. If this is only affecting the Call volume on the speaker, we would like to take a look. Could you please share us a small video showing what you see—with reference to a test Call made via a speaker. This should help us investigate further.

If you think the issue is affecting your daily use, please have your device sent to a Repair Center, so that they can further diagnose the device and assist you accordingly.

For your other questions—if the phone is tampered or rooted, it would void your device warranty. 

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,233
Message 27 of 79

@colinashley wrote:
Don't hold you breath that this will ever get fixed by Lenovo. This issue has been ongoing for months with multiple users complaining about low speaker volume on calls, but no admission on their part that there is even a problem let alone that they are working on a fix! It's clearly a software issue because the speaker works fine in other applications.

Hi colinashley,

We understand your sentiments, as requested earlier please help us with a small video showing what you see—by performing a test call via speaker? We also wanted to know if this intermittent and happens across all the location you have tested with? 

Also, requesting all to please update your profile with IMEI number of your Phone and Carrier. Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Eerik21
What's DOS?
Views: 1,130
Message 28 of 79

I just recently bought the Moto G6, and I have had great difficulty hearing the other person during phone calls.  Speaker phone is alright, but not great.  Other apps and things have enough volume, but the phone calls do not have enough volume even set at max with the phone pressed tightly to my ear.  Its a very nice phone besides this, but I would like a refund if this issue can't be fixed.  A phone needs to work for its main purpose, and not being able to hear someone for phone calls is something that I can't make due for.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,089
Message 29 of 79

@Eerik21 wrote:

I just recently bought the Moto G6, and I have had great difficulty hearing the other person during phone calls.  Speaker phone is alright, but not great.  Other apps and things have enough volume, but the phone calls do not have enough volume even set at max with the phone pressed tightly to my ear.  Its a very nice phone besides this, but I would like a refund if this issue can't be fixed.  A phone needs to work for its main purpose, and not being able to hear someone for phone calls is something that I can't make due for.

Hi Eerik21,

Thank you for posting, just to narrow down, could you test with Device Help app and let us know how if it that shows any progress? To test > Locate Device Help > Hardware test > receiver > put near your ears and observe.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Eerik21
What's DOS?
Views: 1,019
Message 30 of 79

It passed the receiver test.  It sounded loud enough for that.

Top Kudoed Authors