Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprintcdmauser
What's DOS?
Views: 2,521
Message 11 of 79

Re: low speaker volume on phone calls

earpiece volume is very soft on this phone , I tried the Moto Z2 Force , and after listening to that earpiece, was hoping after the few reviews ive read, that the G6 was better.. i am disappointed!! 

dhf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,520
Message 12 of 79

@sprintcdmauser wrote:

Shame on you Lenovo, this is a hardware problem that should have never happened.. A phone is supposed to communicate? Why do you make it so difficult? 

What I suggested two postings above, turning on the Hearing Aid option, should be considered a "work around" for the low volume on phone calls problem, not a solution. As the last poster has stated this is a hardware problem, specifically a firmware problem as the hardware can easily generate higher volume if allowed by the phone firmware.

What is needed is a firmware revision and all Lenovo has to tell us is that it is coming and I for one will be happy to wait for it.

sarthur1234
What's DOS?
Views: 1,947
Message 13 of 79

I too have a brand new g6, I am having the same problem.  Very hard to hear on it unless in hearing aid compatible mode and then it sounds like its in a barrel.

colinashley
Paper Tape
Views: 1,940
Message 14 of 79

Very low max speaker volume on my G6 too! Using on Project Fi.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,915
Message 15 of 79

@colinashley wrote:

Very low max speaker volume on my G6 too! Using on Project Fi.

Hi sarthur1234colinashley,

Thank you for writing to us, sorry to learn about the trouble in regards to your device speaker? We would like to confirm if this only happens on calls and works great when you play media files?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Duckie_s
Paper Tape
Views: 1,630
Message 16 of 79

I'm gonna speak for all of us when I say that, YES it only happens in calls.

Speaker volume is great in every other app except for phone calls. It's maximum is a good bit lower.

Low without speaker and placed against the ear also.

I would like to know if there will be a fix for this or an option to increase the volume further for calls in an update.

I need to know soon or else I'm gonna have to return it and get a louder phone for my dad.

safe mode does not help

reset does not help

already fully updated

colinashley
Paper Tape
Views: 1,621
Message 17 of 79

Ditto - it only happens in calls. Please fix! 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,568
Message 18 of 79

@colinashley wrote:

Ditto - it only happens in calls. Please fix! 

Hi colinashley,

Thanks for reporting, we appreciate your feedback and we will pass it along. But just to better understand—which device model are we talking about? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
colinashley
Paper Tape
Views: 1,563
Message 19 of 79

G6

bcb_ny
Paper Tape
Views: 1,452
Message 20 of 79

Just got my G6, and lo and behold, same issue: speaker volume for phone calls is whisper quiet. The speaker volume for media (i.e. not phone calls) and alarms is perfectly adequate. When I plug in a headset and use it for a call, the volume is plenty loud, even at a moderate setting. Unfortunately, for me, enabling the hearing aid compatibility mentioned earlier doesn't offser any assistance.

As stated by other users, I'm really curious as to why we even have to have this conversation...the G6 is still supposed to be a phone first, right? Shouldn't that be the first thing you all check when doing system testing? When can we expect the fix? Alternatively, who can authorize the handset warranty being maintained after I root the phone and fix it myself?

Top Kudoed Authors