Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ab321
Paper Tape
Views: 991
Message 31 of 79

Re: low speaker volume on phone calls

I can't seem to find the hearing aid setting under accessibility on my moto g6. is it hidden by default or is it not available on all the g6 devices?

dhf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 987
Message 32 of 79

@ab321 wrote:

I can't seem to find the hearing aid setting under accessibility on my moto g6. is it hidden by default or is it not available on all the g6 devices?

I had the same problem,... it's under Phone Settings and it definitely raises the received call volume making it acceptable for me if not ideal.

ab321
Paper Tape
Views: 984
Message 33 of 79

thanks! found it and will give it a try hoping it'll help w/ the low volume issue. Much appreciated for the quick reply

JustinStuff
Blue Screen Again
Views: 940
Message 34 of 79

Hey 411 ... this Low speaker volume on regular cell calls even dates back to Moto G3 (XT1540) models!!  Both my wife and I have them and you can barely hear a caller on inbound or outbound calls and the mic is not much better! The XT1540 was I believe the last of the US made Moto phones before Lenovo bought Motorola and further destroyed the company name and product line.

JustinStuff
Blue Screen Again
Views: 935
Message 35 of 79

I don't know what earlier version of Android OS you seem to have, but the latest version 6.0 Marshmellow has NO "Phone Settings menu via its icon". I've launched it 6 times and there is NO MENU! Please explain which verions of Android OS you have or where you think that "hearing aide" setting is, 'cause it ain't on the Blue Phone icon or within that phone calling app when running!
JustinStuff
Blue Screen Again
Views: 934
Message 36 of 79

WHERE did you find "Hearing Aide mode" in Android version 6.0 Marshmellow (highest version offered on the Moto G's.
JustinStuff
Blue Screen Again
Message 37 of 79

Hey pal (Lenovo tech), this "problem" dates back to even the Moto G3 XT1540 models!!! When the (you know what) is Motorola going to fix the problem???? In 2 or 3 more future versions ???
JustinStuff
Blue Screen Again
Message 38 of 79

This has been going on since 2015 with the MotoG3 (XT1540) models!!!
Tolookah
What's DOS?
Views: 902
Message 39 of 79

I've got a fix that worked for us! 

In the settings>sounds>Dolby audio.  Enable it, that fixed it for us.  (Speakerphone was dreadfully low volume, useless in all but a quiet room). Enabling Dolby put it at a great volume, usable in a car.

Edit: g6 phone, fully up to date

Kyle_12_34
What's DOS?
Views: 875
Message 40 of 79

This is an issue on my new Motorola E5 also. It's fully updated. It has two-thirds the volume capacity when using the phone compared to any other activity on the device. It is not enough to hear the other person in a phone call. It has to be a quiet room and the phone has to be set to maximum call volume. It needs to be given another half of what it already has. At minimum. I'd double it honestly. Some of us have loud jobs and need to communicate by phone in the field. If you doubled the max capacity, you would do everyone a favour. Please include the g5's if you the company decided to fix this in an update. Thank you for your time.

Top Kudoed Authors