Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pro450
Paper Tape
Views: 502
Message 71 of 79

Re: low speaker volume on phone calls

Came here because I'm having the same problem with a new G6.  This thread was first result when googling moto g6 low call volume.  I read the entire thread and the problem is clear.  It is simply this:  It is difficult to hear even at maximum volume when using the standard phone app.  Other apps like Hangouts Dialer have perfectly loud volume.  So, clearly it's not a hardware problem or lack of capability, and the phone "can" work properly.  The standard phone app and the Hangouts Dialer are two different pieces of software.  There is no other explanation needed.

d7v7d7, you really didn't read the thread or are trolling.  Nobody here is faking anything.  Given that smost people would never post, or would not know where to go to find this thread, we can assume it is a widespread issue.

sc000
Punch Card
Views: 493
Message 72 of 79

The problem yet again is lousy software QA by Motorola

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 463
Message 73 of 79

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback, please be advised that we have already reported this with our team. We would need your devices IMEI's to investigate this further.

As requested earlier, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

In the meantime, let me escalate this again. Will keep you posted once we hear back.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
sc000
Punch Card
Views: 449
Message 74 of 79

Dear Agent_Swaraj,

Motorola support staff need to take a bunch of phones upgraded to Pie and play around with them to find all the problems. You will then be able to file your own bug reports instead of relying on your customers to do the beta testing
bigdogmitch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 447
Message 75 of 79

My speaker volume is also extremely low.  I always have to use the conference speaker to hear anything.  Out of curiosity how is your wifi?  Does your amazon app / netflix app work when you turn wifi on?  how about bluetooth syncing when wifi is turned on?  Shame on Moto/Lenovo.

Anita_78
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 76 of 79

Me too have same problem..kindly fix it
d7v7d7
Paper Tape
Views: 386
Message 77 of 79

Note I returned my original purchased phone to Motorola that sent me a new phone but it had same problem.  So they had their level 3 tech support group work with me.  Have not received any new information from Motorola after working at length with that support group.  Suspect they sent info to engineering group that has not responded because as I discussed with their tech support, there are hardware issues that cannot be fixed without affecting other applications.

Although I have an option to return the phone through October, have decided to live with it as is.  This is what I do.

One can use the voicemail app to test this out instead of actually calling someone or receiving a call.:

Press the top volume up button on top right side of phone adjusting RING volume to maximum.
select: phone icon
select: keypad icon
press and hold: 1
The Voicemail app will display and the robot will begin talking about selecting voicemails and if nothing more is done will start audio on last message received and then go into more robot talking after that ends.  However while this is occurring the audio level will be low.

Instead of just allowing that last step to proceed, immediately select the BACK button that will bring one to a phone options screen.  
Select: Speaker
Select: Mute
Select: Mute

At this point audio volume will become much louder that is what it should be.  And not yes that was selecting Mute twice.

On an unrelated note, I would recommend they do more to let users know how to enter into Voicemail as that is apparently not documented anywhere on the phone itself as they apparently expect all users are already familiar with these devices.  But hey we are all not Millennials.  There are plenty of new cellphone users using cellphones for the first time and how are they supposed to know to press and hold 1 on the keypad?  Note I spent 4 plus decades working in electronic engineering at a list of corps in Silicon Valley. 

teddel
Paper Tape
Views: 228
Message 78 of 79

What gives. I having the same problem. I'm using this phone as a backup and it sucks as a backup. I too and having a problem with the pesky volume during calls. Furthermore, providing imei info is useless. I'm out of town and the instructions won't expand.

I'm using Google fi. Was this a scam. Google sells this cheap garbage so it will allow people who want to save money buy Google's phone instead? Fix this garbage. I'm using a head set to talk to people. 

letitbe
Punch Card
Views: 68
Message 79 of 79

d7v7d7

I don't have that option when pressing the up volume button, my phone has the latest update.

It's disappointing and frustrating that big corporations like Motorola and Lenovo mislead people, this phone has a very LOW call volume!

I've read many posts and there is NO answer, even the forum moderator keeps on misleading by posting copy & paste useless scripts, ALL threads have no answer to this hardware mistake and what Motorola does, just stay silent???

The volume is very low for me as an adult person but imagine I bought this trash for an elderly person so she has serious problems because can't hear well when at home imagine when she is outside with all noise around!

Just I wonder the enginner who set this volume most probably tested it while sitting in the toilet!

Top Kudoed Authors