Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strivedi
Paper Tape
Views: 2,055
Message 1 of 10

moto g6 lagging

hi,

i got the phone a couple of months back and it started lagging without any software update. when i compare it to other phones with an even poor specs, this one does not stand a chance. no issue with the storage. not have i done anything sinister wth the phone. any solution?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,033
Message 2 of 10

Re: moto g6 lagging

Hi strivedi,

Thank you for reporting to us, we would like to learn more. Could you please describe the lagging on your device;

• When did you start noticing this?
  • Can we test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if you still see the lag you are referring too?
  • Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Thanks

Moto Support

strivedi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,984
Message 3 of 10

When did you start noticing this? >>>from the second week or so.

Can we test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? >> does not seem to be an app issue. safe mode did not help either. 

please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? >> Done.

Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? >> yes

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,949
Message 4 of 10

Hi strivedi,

Thank you for updating your profile, we will take a look. In the meantime, could you elaborate on the lag you are facing on your device? How frequently do you see this and when?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

strivedi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,943
Message 5 of 10

Apps take time to open even without any games installed. To an extent even the dial pad does not respond as it should when I dial a number. On pressing a number, I first see a circle around that number which registers the touch. It is that slow.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,920
Message 6 of 10

@strivedi wrote:

Apps take time to open even without any games installed. To an extent even the dial pad does not respond as it should when I dial a number. On pressing a number, I first see a circle around that number which registers the touch. It is that slow.

Hi strivedi,

This is odd, looking at your device IMEI, we see a lot of crashes which is impacting your device performance. Our best bet would be to have your device perform factory data reset without restoring any apps and observe for a while before installing any apps yet. This will make your device start fresh and hopefully resolve the ongoing lag you are seeing with apps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

strivedi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,915
Message 7 of 10

How do I do the factory reset without restoring any apps?

daffyducknj
SCSI Port
Views: 1,902
Message 8 of 10

Settings > System > Reset > Factory data reset. The phone will take a few minutes to delete installed data and apps, before the home screen boots up.

strivedi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,853
Message 9 of 10

no visible improvement. 

BerryBlake
Paper Tape
Views: 1,828
Message 10 of 10

Mine is the same way.