Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sumitsng
Paper Tape
Views: 1,531
Message 1 of 7

moto g6 no brightness on the screen

I bought Moto g6 20 days back. From the beginning I started noticing flickring screen, I thought Auto brightness might be the reason, so I turned it off. but now the screen flickered for a while and the brightness is completely gone. I can barely see thing in the phone. I tried to boot in the safe mode and uninstalled a couple of apps, Nothing seems to be working. Also tried turning auto-brightness option on and off. No luck so far. Any suggestion what might be causing this or should I report for a refund or change of device as it's still under warranty.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,506
Message 2 of 7

Re: moto g6 no brightness on the screen

Hello Sumitsng.

Thank you for reporting, this is strange. Can we try this: Locate settings > display > adaptive brightness > toggle on > brightness level > move the slider to full.

Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Sumitsng
Paper Tape
Views: 1,503
Message 3 of 7

I already tried that multiple time, Right now it seems like there is no back light in the screen. I am relying on the light reflected on the screen from the room to see my icons and everything. However I sometimes get the backlight on for a fraction of a second randomly.
Sumitsng
Paper Tape
Views: 1,502
Message 4 of 7

There is small light that I see in the right side of front flash, It flashes for a few minutes and then goes off. If that helps.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,480
Message 5 of 7

@Sumitsng wrote:
There is small light that I see in the right side of front flash, It flashes for a few minutes and then goes off. If that helps.

Hi Sumitsng,

We thank you for your information-- if we have not tried already, can we test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if this makes any difference? 

• Can we also test in 'device help app' > hardware tests > backlight? Let us know your observation.
  • Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Sumitsng
Paper Tape
Views: 1,452
Message 6 of 7

The problem remains in the safe mode.
Device Help App shows Backlight test FAILED.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,440
Message 7 of 7

@Sumitsng wrote:
The problem remains in the safe mode.
Device Help App shows Backlight test FAILED.

Great, thanks for testing. 

The next step at this point would be service/exchange/replacement.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

Top Kudoed Authors