Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 221
Message 11 of 16

Re: problem with Google maps on my G6 play

Whilst you find a fix if your GPS/Location is enabled on your phone your Wife can track you by logging into your Google account and using the,"Find your Phone",

https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone?pli=1

Sometimes on the Google page you have to click one of the Blank phone icons and then click on your proper one to trigger it correctly.

Highlighted
TC15
Fanfold Paper
Views: 217
Message 12 of 16

Thanks for that idea, I'll give ita try,

The new map app works great but I'm not sure if I can make it work with my wife's phone yet, but I'll get there, thanks again for everyone helping me.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 191
Message 13 of 16

Hi TC15,

Thanks for sharing. Can you tell us how are you sharing your location with your wife? Also, if you're riding a motorcycle and you stop at one location, does the location updating correctly? Tell us more on how the location is updating. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

TC15
Fanfold Paper
Views: 186
Message 14 of 16

In Google maps you can use " share your location" so that you can home in on your friends etc, we just used it to keep eye on each other ( Google do keep reminding you that "your location can be seen by, in this case my wife. You can block this at any time) it worked very well with my old Samsung,  that's why I'm a bit pissed with it not working on a newer phone.   

When I stop anywhere when out on my bike, even if I'm walking about, she knows, when I start to move towards home she knows.  She even knows if I've called in to see a friend. As for how it does all of this, I have no idea but it worked great. 

This is why it seems so strange that it is not working like it did.   I'm thinking that maybe I'll just have to deal with Google to see if they can help with more information on the subject.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 183
Message 15 of 16

It will do no harm to back the phone up and do a Hard-Reset/Factory restore but when prompted don't let it re-install all your apps from Backup.Do them manually.Yes it's a bit time consuming but it will be a fresh start which can cure a lot of ills Smiley Happy

TC15
Fanfold Paper
Views: 176
Message 16 of 16

Thanks for that but I'm not sure if I can do that, it's a built-in app that's only gives me permission to force stop or dissable. When I did a soft reboot, I tried to uninstall the app but it would only update. As far as I know you can't remove pre installed apps. I'm thinking maybe Google maps will help me find a solution.   To be honest I'm getting fed up with the whole thing and may just go back to my Samsung, if I can get it back from my grandson.

Top Kudoed Authors