Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g8 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

Android 10 update for Moto g8 plus.

2020-01-16, 4:53 AM
Will the Moto G8 Plus receive the android 10 update? It's been months since the android 10 update was released, and yet the Moto G8 Plus doesn't seem to have received it so far? Plus there's no news about the update from Motorola anywhere.
Solved! See the solution
Options

Re:Android 10 update for Moto g8 plus.

2020-02-26, 8:46 AM
Hey there, any news as to when can we expect the stable version of Android 10 update on the Moto G8 Plus?
Options

1407 Posts

03-11-2019

US

541 Signins

37895 Page Views

• Views: 37895
  • Message 3 of 16

2020-02-26, 13:43 PM

Hi vjrao20,

Thanks for posting. We don't have any information at this time about Android 10 for the Moto G8 Plus but we are working hard to provide quality upgrades to eligible devices as quickly as possible. Your phone will notify you once the software update is available.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2020-02-26, 17:07 PM
OK, but I would really appreciate if you could tell me if the Moto G8 Plus is eligible to receive the Android 10 update.
Options

44 Posts

02-19-2020

PL

74 Signins

410 Page Views

• Views: 410
  • Message 5 of 16

2020-02-26, 20:15 PM

There is nothing to ask for updates. Motorola support is a mockery. We have February 2020 and we have a security update from November 2019. HAHAHA. Agent_Zeke only writes his stupid rule that will be notified when there will be an update. Of course there will be a notification. It is a pity that no one knows when there will be a new version of the system for G8 plus. Nokia can provide a specific update plan and here no one knows anything and everything and everyone blows it off.

Options

Android 10 update after March

2020-02-27, 13:33 PM
Hey everyone, I have some news regarding the Android 10 update, Motorola Support, (@Moto_Support) gave me some news, saying that the Moto G8 Plus will receive the Android 10 update only after March, definitely not before, so please don't keep your hopes high. Cheers:)
Options

5 Posts

01-05-2020

GB

11 Signins

133 Page Views

• Views: 133
  • Message 7 of 16

2020-02-28, 10:04 AM

I read somewhere online that it will be Summer for Android 10 initial release. So it will probably be end of Summer or later before all devices receive Android 10 for G8 Plus. Unless a Moto agent confirms otherwise then as far as i'm concerned it will be at least the Summer.

Brian

Options

2020-02-28, 17:06 PM
Isn't it frustrating that the other brands give their consumers a clear road map of the update as to when will the phone get the new system and security updates, but here we are holding on to a Motorola phone, though we know that our beloved phones will never get security updates every month, no confirmation of the system update, no proper feedback from any of the Moto_Agents, yet we tend to buy these phones, actually it should be the consumers to be blamed for buying a Motorola phone, there tons of issues with many of the Moto phones. I feel very bad, that a company like Motorola, who used to be among the first ones to push the updates, have started to lag behind each and every other phone manufacturer in the world. I've used 2 Moto phones in the past (Moto E2 & Moto G6), I think this (Moto G8 Plus) is last time I'm ever bought a Motorola phone. Better to invest a bit more, and have a device, which will treat it's consumers better than Motorola.
Options

44 Posts

02-19-2020

PL

74 Signins

410 Page Views

• Views: 410
  • Message 9 of 16

2020-02-28, 17:30 PM
Very accurate statements. G8 Plus is my first Motorola but rather the last. And rather it will remain a brand to recommend not worth it. Nowadays, the customer requires manufacturers to make some declarations regarding updates. Motorola's policy shows the middle finger customer. When I bought this phone, in my life I would not expect that Motorola's support is at such a low level.
Options

2020-02-29, 4:11 AM
You are quite right, every manufacturer has put out their road map about the Android 10 updates for each and every phone they've launched, maybe once everyone stops buying Motorola phones, perhaps they'll learn their lesson, I mean the G Series is the most bought phones than the others, the G Series has a mix of Budget & Flagship features, it's not too hard on my pocket, at the same time we do get some amazing features which other phones in same budget do not offer much. Hopefully Motorola will hear us out and learn that, by keeping it's consumers in dark about the continuous updates, will only detoriate it's value, and there will be a day when no one will even look towards a Motorola phone in the very near future.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete