Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g8 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

66 Posts

09-09-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

53 Signins

610 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 610
  • Message 221 of 235

Re:Android 10 update for moto g8 plus

2020-09-27, 5:39 AM

It is so slow to reach out around the world. Why so?

Cheers

Dave

Options

2020-09-27, 11:44 AM

@ SleepyheadSissa wrote:

Late September and still nothing here in the UK. The phone is getting unusable very soon. Motorola, the G8 Plus is great, but no updates and it starts to stink.

Cheers

Dave

It`s because of the COVID-19 :D 

Just joking of course! )

No, its because of the stupid 'pending partner approval' witch really no one tells you why it takes so loooong :) 

I guess we need to be patient, but as I said in previous comments I think even though that we will get it any time soon, its wise to wait for another two/three months, as I think that the update will have a lot of issues, so I would say wait until January/February next year : )

Options

82 Posts

04-23-2020

India

65 Signins

675 Page Views

• Views: 675
  • Message 223 of 235

2020-09-28, 2:41 AM

@ George_1988 wrote:

@ SleepyheadSissa wrote:

Late September and still nothing here in the UK. The phone is getting unusable very soon. Motorola, the G8 Plus is great, but no updates and it starts to stink.

Cheers

Dave

Just joking of course! )

No, its because of the stupid 'pending partner approval' witch really no one tells you why it takes so loooong :) 

I guess we need to be patient, but as I said in previous comments I think even though that we will get it any time soon, its wise to wait for another two/three months, as I think that the update will have a lot of issues, so I would say wait until January/February next year 

And i ask this company why this bloody update takes so long? I mean why not send android 10 on time. Google already retired android 10 and android 11 is there with most devices that we know. Even AOSP has got android 11. Motorola still sucks with updates and no one is giving the exact timeline for the android 10 update. This company is horrible, i guess bashing is the only thing the mods here understand. All of their mods are vanished and no one even reply. I really have got no idea what the hell is wrong with this company. they are quite active when launching new devices yet vanish when after a year passed people start asking questions regarding updates!. how idiotic company can be who don't listen to the customers. They are sooner or later going to vanish and turns to ashes. That why i guess google ditched them. 

Moto G8 Plus User
Options

21 Posts

05-15-2020

Spain

25 Signins

275 Page Views

• Views: 275
  • Message 224 of 235

2020-09-28, 7:18 AM

Hi

After a few days of using A10 on Moto G8 Plus, everything seems Ok. It is just the A10 features we all know, already, since it has been around for quite a while :D Even myself got used to it in April when I bought a One Vision for 3 weeks, with A10 (then sent it back because of the touch issues). Black theme, new notifications system, etc.

The only thing, though, is that the battery is draining noticeably faster than before. Not saying that is a big problem, maybe going from lasting 1 1/2 days to just 1 and a little bit more. It depends on the user and I am not a heavy user. I leave the phone on flight mode at night and, before, the battery spent like 3-4% and now it goes to 7-8%. Still ok. That tends to happen after every major update and gets fixed over time with an Android minor patch or just because there is an APP which is not optimised for the pair A10/Given device, yet, and the developers solve it afterwards.

So far, all good.

Options

2020-09-29, 21:40 PM

@ Mialen wrote:

Hi

After a few days of using A10 on Moto G8 Plus, everything seems Ok. It is just the A10 features we all know, already, since it has been around for quite a while :D Even myself got used to it in April when I bought a One Vision for 3 weeks, with A10 (then sent it back because of the touch issues). Black theme, new notifications system, etc.

The only thing, though, is that the battery is draining noticeably faster than before. Not saying that is a big problem, maybe going from lasting 1 1/2 days to just 1 and a little bit more. It depends on the user and I am not a heavy user. I leave the phone on flight mode at night and, before, the battery spent like 3-4% and now it goes to 7-8%. Still ok. That tends to happen after every major update and gets fixed over time with an Android minor patch or just because there is an APP which is not optimised for the pair A10/Given device, yet, and the developers solve it afterwards.

So far, all good.

''The only thing, though, is that the battery is draining noticeably faster than before. Not saying that is a big problem, maybe going from lasting 1 1/2 days to just 1 and a little bit more. It depends on the user and I am not a heavy user. I leave the phone on flight mode at night and, before, the battery spent like 3-4% and now it goes to 7-8%. Still ok. That tends to happen after every major update and gets fixed over time with an Android minor patch or just because there is an APP which is not optimised for the pair A10/Given device, yet, and the developers solve it afterwards. ''

That`s why people should wait for another few months before Motorola fixes all the issues A10 might have :/

Options

2020-09-29, 21:46 PM

@ Methuselahin wrote:

@ George_1988 wrote:

@ SleepyheadSissa wrote:

Cheers

Dave

Just joking of course! )

I guess we need to be patient, but as I said in previous comments I think even though that we will get it any time soon, its wise to wait for another two/three months, as I think that the update will have a lot of issues, so I would say wait until January/February next year 

And i ask this company why this bloody update takes so long? I mean why not send android 10 on time. Google already retired android 10 and android 11 is there with most devices that we know. Even AOSP has got android 11. Motorola still sucks with updates and no one is giving the exact timeline for the android 10 update. This company is horrible, i guess bashing is the only thing the mods here understand. All of their mods are vanished and no one even reply. I really have got no idea what the hell is wrong with this company. they are quite active when launching new devices yet vanish when after a year passed people start asking questions regarding updates!. how idiotic company can be who don't listen to the customers. They are sooner or later going to vanish and turns to ashes. That why i guess google ditched them. 

Google already retired android 10 and android 11 is there with most devices that we know. - That`s why I think Google should impose fines on companies that does not keep their device up to date...

I really have got no idea what the hell is wrong with this company. they are quite active when launching new devices yet vanish when after a year passed people start asking questions regarding updates!. - Because its all about profit :/

Options

66 Posts

09-09-2020

53 Signins

610 Page Views

• Message 227 of 235

2020-10-02, 0:26 AM

Well, ready for a joke. G8 Plus is going to bypass 10 and jump straight to 11 in the UK. Cannot see that working in other countries with 10 just been added. Sourced from YouTube, so not totally convincing.

Dave

Options

2020-10-02, 15:03 PM

@ SleepyheadSissa wrote:

Well, ready for a joke. G8 Plus is going to bypass 10 and jump straight to 11 in the UK. Cannot see that working in other countries with 10 just been added. Sourced from YouTube, so not totally convincing.

Dave

Nah, no one from Motorola support team has told us G8 Plus will bypass 10. However hopefully they will update the phone to A11 next year at some point :) 

Options

66 Posts

09-09-2020

53 Signins

610 Page Views

• Message 229 of 235

2020-10-02, 18:36 PM
Totally agree.
Options

82 Posts

04-23-2020

India

65 Signins

675 Page Views

• Views: 675
  • Message 230 of 235

2020-10-03, 2:50 AM

@ George_1988 wrote:

@ SleepyheadSissa wrote:

Dave

Nah, no one from Motorola support team has told us G8 Plus will bypass 10. However hopefully they will update the phone to A11 next year at some point :) 

You will get android 10. Everyone around the world is getting it. There isn't any android 11 coming as of now I can tell you. Even in my country Motorola is deaf about android 10 too. Horrible. 

Moto G8 Plus User
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms