12-14-2019

IN

7 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 29

Bluetooth call speaker issue

2019-12-14, 16:49 PM

Hi, I've had a Moto g8 plus for a few hours.

Whenever I've got music playing through Bluetooth on my speaker and I receive a call, the caller can hear my voice but I can't hear his, untill I put it on speaker phone and back. It's like the upper speaker is blocked due to some Bluetooth bug. Then say I hear the caller, a very bad hissing / static.....  A very bad one can be heard whenever the caller speaks.

Even after the call ends, and say I've disconnected Bluetooth, no music playing, and I receive a call/ make a call, the sound of the user on the other side always has that bad hiss.

THIS WILL ONLY GO IF I RESTART THE PHONE.

AND ONE MORE VERY IMPORTANT POINT. THE UPPER SPEAKER ON THE PHONE WONT WORK WHILE PLAYING MUSIC BEFORE THE RESTART THE LOWER ONE DOES THOUGH,  it will only work after the restart. For calling though, the upper speaker works but with that bad hissing sound.

Please tell me a way to get rid of this, because I'm a music fan and use the speakers for a lot of time daily, and if music is playing and I get a call I don't want to suffer the hissing.

If anyone with a motog8 plus please try this and let me know if it's a general problem or just with my device, if so, I can replace it.

Basically in short, whenever I've got Bluetooth connected to a speaker and , and music is PLAYING, and I receive a call, there is a bad hissing sound in the upper speaker from the caller. After this , Bluetooth disconnected the upper speaker doesn't work for music( only the lower one) untill I restart. And for every call I get/make before the restart has the hissing sound from the upper speaker.

Options

983 Posts

03-11-2019

US

491 Signins

33689 Page Views

• Views: 33689
  • Message 2 of 29

Re: Bluetooth call speaker issue

2019-12-17, 14:32 PM

Hi Farhan9,

Thanks for posting. What is the exact model of the Bluetooth Speaker? I would suggest to try unpairing all devices from both the speaker and the phone and re-pair them again.  It seems that this hissing sound happens with or without connecting to a Bluetooth speaker. I would think this would be a service provider issue. Are you getting good signal coverage during calls and what is the phone's service provider?

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

12-14-2019

IN

7 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 3 of 29

2019-12-18, 8:26 AM

The exact model of the Bluetooth speaker is FCC ID :HBOHX-P240

IC: 10550A-HXP240

The speaker is the first Bluetooth device I connected my phone to, and have reset the speaker and connected again, still happening. Have tried on other various speakers as well, the problem still persists.

IN NO WAY IT IS THE SPEAKERS FAULT.

I've been an owner of 4 Motorola phones, ever since the g2, never have I been let down. All of them worked perfectly.

On my Motorola g4 plus which I was using before this, there was no hissing, and on the 3 others. And I haven't changed my carrier for years. The service provider is not the issue at all.AIRTEL is the provider btw.

Once again, this happens ONLY:::::

while I'm connected via Bluetooth and music is playing.

I receive a call.

Cannot hear the person on the other end untill I start the loud speaker and turn it off.

Then there will exist a hissing sound(from the speaker, I'm 1000000% sure it's the upper speakers fault)

Now after this call, 2 BIG THINGS HAPPEN....>If I receive any call after this, there will be the hissing sound

>And if I'm disconnected from bt and play some music/videos there will be only audio from the lower speaker ( it is a dual speaker phone right)

However

If I restart the phone

**********************"

Any call will be perfect. The audio quality is absolutely perfect, no hissing. Hence not the service.

And while playing music / videos, both the speakers work together perfectly.

********************"*"*"****"""

The problem is only while bt is connected and I receive a call, then I'm screwed.

I'm no expert but I've been using this company phones for years now, my take would be there's some bug that somehow disconnects the upper speaker from working or something while bt is connected, and hence doesn't work properly.

Besides this the phone is perfect, but do try to understand this small thing can ruin a phone call/ mood unless I restart it, and after paying a decent amount for a good phone i would expect these problems to be taken care of, very dissatisfied. 

Options

983 Posts

03-11-2019

US

491 Signins

33689 Page Views

• Message 4 of 29

2019-12-18, 14:52 PM

Hi Farhan9,

Try going the phone's BlueTooth settings on the speaker if the call audio is turned on? If it is, please turn it off and see if that helps with the audio issue. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

12-14-2019

IN

7 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 5 of 29

2019-12-19, 3:00 AM

Man, instead of trying to see the error and solve it you're so convinced it's the speakers fault or the service provider, everything besides the phones fault.

Never have I been more disappointed.

FYI, I've used 3 other Moto phones with this speaker, and the this problem doesn't exist.

It's a shame 

Options

17589 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2202 Signins

51882 Page Views

• Views: 51882
  • Message 6 of 29

2019-12-19, 15:29 PM

wrote:

Man, instead of trying to see the error and solve it you're so convinced it's the speakers fault or the service provider, everything besides the phones fault.

Never have I been more disappointed.

FYI, I've used 3 other Moto phones with this speaker, and the this problem doesn't exist.

It's a shame 

Hi.

We are just tying to understand. We're eager to address issues, but need to fully understand and try regular troubleshooting before we can take them to an engineer.

Let me try to confirm just a couple of key points.

• It works fine before a phone call. At that point, hissing, disconnected upper speaker.
  • Rebooting the phone restores the proper function until you get another voice call.

Is all this correct?

Can you confirm if this is the speaker you have? Trying to get the market name in case we have to get on to test it.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Speaker-Incredible-Rechargeable-HX-P240DLC-DP/dp/B00WGPY0YE

Final question - do you have a stereo Bluetooth headset? I would think that if it happens on one BT product, it would happen on all of them, so that would be a good test.

Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

1 Posts

01-30-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 29

2020-02-18, 11:06 AM

Hi, any news on this?

I have the exact same issue, and so do others!

See https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G8-Plus/Speaker-issue/m-p/4650037#M491

Options

983 Posts

03-11-2019

US

491 Signins

33689 Page Views

• Message 8 of 29

2020-02-18, 14:21 PM

Hi tdw1980,

Yes, this is currently being worked on and we requested a bug report which was recently sent to us from a different user. Please do also send us a bug report to further help us with our investigation.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

02-25-2020

CL

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 9 of 29

Re:Bluetooth call speaker issue

2020-02-25, 18:56 PM

Have the same exact issue in my wife's Moto G8 Plus.

Once it's connected to any bluetooth speaker (we have tested 3 from different brands), any call is just not doable at all with the hiss in the speaker. Hiss that sometimes translated to can't hear anything at the other side of the call. Nothing at all.

A phone restart fixes the issue until you connect to another bluetooth speaker again, and the problem repeat itself again.

Haven't found a fix.

Today i will factory reset the phone, and see how it goes.

But, you are not alone on this issue.

Options

983 Posts

03-11-2019

US

491 Signins

33689 Page Views

• Message 10 of 29

Re:Bluetooth call speaker issue

2020-02-25, 19:43 PM

Hi StefanosFn, 

Please keep us updated after if it happens after the factory data reset. We would also like to add, after the factory data reset do not enter your Google account and install any 3rd party applications. Please also provide us the make and model of the Bluetooth device. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save