03-07-2020

SE

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Bluetooth media streaming issue

2020-03-07, 22:45 PM
I recently got a G8 plus. When connecting the phone via bluetooth and playing audio, the sound will be played using phone protocol, and not media protocoll. The result is terrible audio quality and sound will also be picked up by the microphone. I see the behaviour 100% of the time. Ive tested it in two different cars and also on a jaybird x4 headset. My previous Moto g4 did not have this issue (tested with one of the cars and the headset). If i go to the bluetooth settings for the connected device and deactivate "phone call" but leave "media sound" the sound will be much better, as soon as i activate "phone call" in the BT settings again, the issue returns. So it seems like the phone call protocol is being prioritized for all types audio, including media streaming. How do i fix this?
Options

1911 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2837 Signins

50091 Page Views

• Views: 50091
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Bluetooth media streaming issue

2020-03-09, 14:13 PM

I recently got a G8 plus. When connecting the phone via bluetooth and playing audio, the sound will be played using phone protocol, and not media protocoll. The result is terrible audio quality and sound will also be picked up by the microphone. I see the behaviour 100% of the time. Ive tested it in two different cars and also on a jaybird x4 headset. My previous Moto g4 did not have this issue (tested with one of the cars and the headset). If i go to the bluetooth settings for the connected device and deactivate "phone call" but leave "media sound" the sound will be much better, as soon as i activate "phone call" in the BT settings again, the issue returns. So it seems like the phone call protocol is being prioritized for all types audio, including media streaming. How do i fix this?

Hello, I've tested this with my G8 Plus and my Bluetooth headset. I was unable to duplicate this behavior. The music was playing over the media channel on my device. I did toggle off call/phone channel to see if I heard any audio difference, but I did not. Can you try the following:

1. Unpair all Bluetooth devices
  2. Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth (Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options)
  3. Reset App preferences (Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options)
  4. Reset Bluetooth app (Settings > Apps & notifications > See all > Menu (3 dots on top right) > Show system > Bluetooth > Storage > Clear storage > OK)
  5. Pair the Jaybird x4 headset again and see if you have the same behaviour

Let me know.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save