IT

25 Signins

147 Page Views

• Views: 147
  • Message 1 of 25

Contactless payment issues with Moto G8 Plus

2019-12-09, 22:20 PM

Hello all,

I am trying to pay (w/ Google Pay) in physical store but it seems like smartphone and POS do not communicate at all (both devices does not show any message).

Someone has faced similar issue?

Thank you in advance for you kindness

Solved! See the solution
Options

1274 Posts

03-11-2019

US

527 Signins

36455 Page Views

• Views: 36455
  • Message 2 of 25

Re: Contactless payment issues with Moto G8 Plus

2019-12-10, 14:43 PM

Hi Enry12,

Thanks for posting. Could you provide us more details about your concern? Did it work with other stores or points of sale? Have you tried other functions of NFC such as transferring files or connecting to a Bluetooth headset? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

10 Posts

12-09-2019

IT

25 Signins

147 Page Views

• Message 3 of 25

2019-12-11, 8:21 AM

Hello Zeke,

I have tried in four different shops obtaining the same (undesired) behaviour: no communication between my Moto G8 Plus and the Point-Of-Sale.

A couple of days ago I successfully transferred some data (like Google Maps position, images, ...) with another smartphone (a Moto One Vision, if I am not wrong). Honestly, we have had some troubles during the connection... It has been quite difficult to spot the NFC location in both the devices. Anyway, after some test, we have found that Moto G8 Plus has the NFC somewhere near the fingerprint sensor, could you please tell me the exact location?

However, contactless payment is an important feature to me... Thus, how can I solve this annoying problem?

Options

1274 Posts

03-11-2019

US

527 Signins

36455 Page Views

• Message 4 of 25

2019-12-11, 19:28 PM

Hi Enry12,

The location of the NFC is a sensor is around and on the upper part of the fingerprint sensor. Are you connecting to mobile data or Wi-Fi while using the wireless/NFC payment? If yes, do you have a problem before and during the payment?

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

10 Posts

12-09-2019

IT

25 Signins

147 Page Views

• Message 5 of 25

2019-12-12, 13:46 PM

Thank you for the information about the location of the NFC.

Yes, I turned on mobile data, Wi-Fi and bluetooth (usually are alway turned on). Anyway, I did not encounter any problem (related to these types of connection) before/after the payment.

Could you try to run some internal tests in order to find if this is a common problem on Moto G8? Maybe it turns out that my NFC sensor is damaged.

Thank you for your help,

Best regards

Options

1274 Posts

03-11-2019

US

527 Signins

36455 Page Views

• Message 6 of 25

2019-12-12, 15:30 PM

Hi Enry12,

Can you test doing payment with just the NFC and Mobile Data turned on and turn off both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

10 Posts

12-09-2019

IT

25 Signins

147 Page Views

• Message 7 of 25

2019-12-13, 16:37 PM

Sorry for my late reply.

I have just tried to pay turning off WiFi and Bluetooth. Unfortunately nothing has changed, both devices does not show any message.

For the sake of completeness, in order to be sure that the POS was functioning, I have tried my (contactless) debit card: I have not encountered any problem or delay.

Best regars,

Enry12

Options

1274 Posts

03-11-2019

US

527 Signins

36455 Page Views

• Message 8 of 25

2019-12-18, 15:36 PM

Hi Enry12,

Thanks for testing. We will also need the name of the stores that you have tried to do the contactless payments.  Please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

We also need a bug report after you attempt to do a contactless payment. You will need to have access to the developer options to get a bug report.

To enable developer options:
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

BUG REPORT FOR NORMAL ISSUE:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to by sending us a private message to me or to Agent_Rich.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

10 Posts

12-09-2019

IT

25 Signins

147 Page Views

• Message 9 of 25

2019-12-27, 11:22 AM

Hello zeke,

Sorry for my late reply.

Before allowing you to check inside my phone, is there a less invasive way to see if I have wrongly configurated NFC payment? Something like a test with another Moto G8 Plus to see if everything works.

Anyway, I have tried to pay with NFC inside some supermarkets and to pay the ticket inside a bus.

Best regards,

enry12

Options

8729 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1026 Signins

136102 Page Views

• Views: 136102
  • Message 10 of 25

2019-12-27, 15:47 PM

Hi Enry12,

Sure. Can you name some of the stores so we can test it? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save