Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjm2705
Fanfold Paper
Views: 113
Message 1 of 6

Dual SIM + SD

I currently have a moto G6 dual sim edition bought from Amazon UK where I have 2 sims + an SD card.

One SIM is my personal one, the other is work and I have circa 300GB of lossless audio on an 512GB SD.

The phone is starting to get a little 'laggy' and I'm looking to replace.

I hear mixed messages on the G8 on dual sim where comments on the Amazon.co.uk site state that the dual sim version is 2 sims or 1 sim + SD.

The moto support site suggests 2 sims + SD is possble:  https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/solution/MS145147

Which is it? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 98
Message 2 of 6

Re: Dual SIM + SD

Hi mjm2705,

Thanks for posting. The Moto G8 Plus for the UK (XT2019-1) has a hybrid SIM card slot which is either 2 SIM card or 1 SIM + 1 SD card. There is no 3 slots tray for 2 SIM card + SD card. We have currently reported the FAQ that you posted and is currently being fixed. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

mjm2705
Fanfold Paper
Views: 90
Message 3 of 6

That's a disappointment, time to research other options.

Thanks for responding.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 66
Message 4 of 6

@mjm2705 wrote:

That's a disappointment, time to research other options.

Thanks for responding.

Backup all you important data e.g Contacts/SMS if required etc and do a Factory Reset.I do one a couple of times a year like a 10,000 mile service for my Android phones,especially if the operating system or a security update has happened.On some Android phones old data from the previous O/S doesn't get deleted as it should.By doing this it keeps my Android phones lag-free and slick Smiley Happy

mjm2705
Fanfold Paper
Views: 54
Message 5 of 6

Yeah, might try a factory reset to try and breathe some life into the G6 while I try and find another handset with dual SIM + SD ...

Really disappointed with Motorola / Lenovo on this one though!
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 48
Message 6 of 6

Hi mjm2705,

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed but we do appreciate your feedback and we will pass it along with our team.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors