AR

6 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 12

Moto G8+ Poor 3G Signal and no WiFi calls preferences

2019-12-22, 22:47 PM

Hello.

We had to replace my mother's G5S+ and had to decide between the G7+ (NFC) and G8+(Larger battery and more current hw).

We decided to get the G8+ due to the larger battery.

Phone seems to work ok, but I've noticed the signal bar on the G8+ is quite lower than on my Moto G5S+... phones side by side, same carrier and on 3G, my phone shows 25% stronger signal than the G8+.

The difference is not so much in the db value, but in the asu...

Also, I noticed that there's no way to configure preference over WiFi when enabling WiFi calls... It stays as "mobile network preferred", there's no way to say you want it to be on WiFi. If you enable airplane mode and then activate WiFi, then WiFi calls are active since there's no mobile network... But as soon as you deactivate airplane mode calls go back to mobile network...

These things were not an issue on the G5S+ and Android 8.1...

Options

983 Posts

03-11-2019

US

491 Signins

33689 Page Views

• Views: 33689
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Moto G8+ Poor 3G Signal and no WiFi calls preferences

2019-12-26, 19:46 PM

Hi SanD-82,

Thanks for posting. What is the service provider of your phone and please provide us your exact location? Have you tried to contact your carrier and make sure that the phone is properly provisioned? Is there any difference in Mobile Data speed on your phone and your mother's phone? Please update your profile your current phone, carrier, and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

03-15-2019

IN

7 Signins

119 Page Views

• Views: 119
  • Message 3 of 12

Network Issues In Moto G8 Plus

2020-02-10, 14:53 PM

Hello Sir,

This is to inform you that we are facing network issues in Moto G8 Plus in India..

We are also not getting dual 4G volte support when we insert any sim like..Vodafone/Airtel/Jio/Idea..

There are lot of network fluctuations as the connectivity is very low compared to other smartphones..

Also there is no constant network compared to other smartphones..

Kindly resolve these type issues in the next update..

Regards,

Prashanth

Options

5 Posts

03-15-2019

IN

7 Signins

119 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2020-02-12, 6:54 AM

Hello Sir,

Even iam also facing 2G, 3G and 4G network connectivity and fluctuations issue in all networks like Vodafone/Idea/Airtel and Jio in Moto G8 Plus..

Please fix these type of bugs in the coming/next update..

Regards,

Prashanth

Options

983 Posts

03-11-2019

US

491 Signins

33689 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2020-02-12, 14:03 PM

Hi Prashanth15,

Please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

03-15-2019

IN

7 Signins

119 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2020-02-13, 7:11 AM

Hi, Zeke/Motorola Team,

Current phone: Moto G8 Plus

Carrier: Vodafone India And Airtel India..

Please note: there are lot of fluctuations in the network whenever i inserted the SIM's in Moto G8 Plus..

I had done network reset and factory reset..but the problem/bug still exists and still the issue has not been solved..

And also there was no network fluctuation issues when i inserted the same SIM'S in other smartphone brands like..Samsung, Xiaomi and etc..

Request you to fix the bugs related to network/sim connectivity issues in the next update..

Regards,

Prashanth

Edited: for privacy -Zeke 

Options

983 Posts

03-11-2019

US

491 Signins

33689 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2020-02-13, 15:01 PM

Hi Prashanth15,

Does this network fluctuation both when two SIM cards are inserted or one SIM card inserted? Please try them using one and two SIMS inserted. May I also know your location? Please make sure that Motorola Privacy is turned on.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

03-15-2019

IN

7 Signins

119 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2020-02-13, 15:38 PM

Hi..Zeke/Moto Team..

Yes in both sim slots, there is continous network fluctuations as well as signal issues..Also there is no constant network when you stand near the network towers..

But when i tried with other smartphone brands like Samsung, Xiaomi and etc..there was no fluctuation as well as network connectivity issues..

Yes Motorola Privacy is always on..

Location is India..Bangalore..

Please solve these type of network connectivity/fluctuation issues in the coming update..

Regards,

Prashanth

Options

983 Posts

03-11-2019

US

491 Signins

33689 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2020-02-13, 15:48 PM

Hi Prashanth15,

Please try using one SIM inserted only and let us know what you found. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

5 Posts

03-15-2019

IN

7 Signins

119 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2020-02-13, 16:51 PM

Hi..Zeke/Motorola Support Team..

I inserted using only one sim and it showed that there was no proper signal..

Also i tried inserting the same sim to slot 2..but again the same problem..

But when i inserted the same sim to other smartphone in the SIM slot 1 as well as slot 2..the signal was full..

i.e..it shows that, there is a bug while detecting the sim card in Moto G8 plus in Android 9..

Same issue happened in Motorola One Power in Android 9..but after updating to Android 10..the issue/bug was rectified and the issue was solved..

Please report this sim related issue to the concerned Motorola support team and rectify/fix it in the next or coming update without fail..

Regards,

Prashanth

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save