Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhijithu5192
Paper Tape
Views: 254
Message 1 of 4

Moto g8 plus Camera.

Although moto g8 plus have a 48 mp camera, we still cannot take photos in 48 mp clarity. There is no 48 mp mode in camera app. Why is that?Will it be made available in future updates?

Also we can't take wide angle photos also. Will there be any updates in the future to take wide angle photos also?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 175
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto g8 plus Camera.

Hi abhijithu5192,

We appreciate your post. The 48MP sensor combines 4 pixels into 1, for an effective photo resolution of 12MP.  The ultra-wide action cam is only for taking videos. Please see our website for more details. https://www.motorola.in/products/moto-g-plus-gen-8. See the bottom page for disclaimers. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
abhijithu5192
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 3 of 4

Yeah I know the 48 mp sensor combines 4 pixels into one and take photos at 12 mp. I am asking that if in the future, will there be any updates to take photos at full 48 mp resolution (like the 48 mp mode in other devices).
I also know that the action cam in moto g8 plus can be used only to take videos. But normally action cam eras can be used to capture videos also. So what I am asking is that in the future, will there be any updates to take wide angle photos with the action cam.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 139
Message 4 of 4

Hi abhijithu5192,

We do not have any plans on adding 48MP image resolution and wide-angle photos for the action but we do appreciate your feedback, we'll pass it along our team.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors