09-08-2016

GB

184 Signins

1071 Page Views

• Views: 1071
  • Message 1 of 4

Onedrive app backup problem

2020-02-10, 7:18 AM

I back my photos up to my Microsoft account (And Google Photos) However I've noticed an issue today which I can't resolve. It may have started when I got a MotoG8 plus a few weeks ago though I can't be sure.

I back up the following folders (All on the device and not my SD card) Camera - Whatsapp Images - Whatsapp Video - Screenshots - Download. I upload on WiFi.

Everything is backing up fine except photos from the camera folder, videos from the camera folder upload fine. If while using the Android files app I move the photos from camera folder to download folder they then upload fine.

In no particular order I've tried saving camera photos/videos to the SD card, uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, clearing app cache & storage, allowing all permissions, deleting DCIM/Camera folders from Device and SD Card, turning off/on camera upload within the app, uploading using WiFi and Data, nothing works I'm really stumped. I have a second Microsoft account/Onedrive and I have the exact same issue with it too!

So to summarise photos and videos upload from all designated folders fine, except that is the camera folder where only the videos upload.

This may not be a G8+ issue but as I said I'm sure photos stopped backing me around the time I got it, any thoughts welcome.

Solved! See the solution
Options

1972 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1755 Signins

27013 Page Views

• Views: 27013
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Onedrive app backup problem

2020-02-10, 11:17 AM

You've done everything I would have done. As a workround try a different Camera app. The one I use is an,"Open Source" one called,"Open Camera" which is Ad-free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera&hl=en_GB

It has more options than the Stock Camera one of which is being able to make the Default save folder onto an inserted SD card. See if that's better?

HTH :)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

54 Posts

09-08-2016

GB

184 Signins

1071 Page Views

• Views: 1071
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-02-10, 12:25 PM

Thanks a lot Porphyrias, your suggestion has solved my problem. 

Installed Open Camera and it's photos were being backed up ok from its device folder DCIM > Open Camera. I was able to change it's save location to DCIM > Camera (Same as device default camera) and it's photos were still being backed up.

I was now thinking there was an issue with the Default Camera app and not OneDrive. So through settings > apps and notifications > camera I cleared cache and storage, removed all permissions, force stopped and disabled, reinstalled factory app. 

And now all photos and videos are uploading as they should. Don't you just love gremlins that eat up hours of your life! Thanks again.

Options

1972 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1755 Signins

27013 Page Views

• Views: 27013
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-02-10, 12:29 PM

wrote:

Thanks a lot Porphyrias, your suggestion has solved my problem. 

Installed Open Camera and it's photos were being backed up ok from its device folder DCIM > Open Camera. I was able to change it's save location to DCIM > Camera (Same as device default camera) and it's photos were still being backed up.

I was now thinking there was an issue with the Default Camera app and not OneDrive. So through settings > apps and notifications > camera I cleared cache and storage, removed all permissions, force stopped and disabled, reinstalled factory app. 

And now all photos and videos are uploading as they should. Don't you just love gremlins that eat up hours of your life! Thanks again.

Yes I've had sone real chewy problems/glitches over the years but I like a challenge :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete