12-16-2019

GB

6 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 6

Phone beeps when I unlock it

2019-12-16, 12:21 PM

I am an experienced user working professionally in IT, but I cant work out how to disable unlock beeps!

Phone is locked and screen is blank. I press the power button, the screen wakes up and a get a 'diddly dum' beep, then it reconizes my face or I use my finger print and I get another 'diddly dum' beep.

None of the normal or advanced sound setting seem to disable this. IMy phone beeps when I try to use it drawing attention in meetings, and even beeps in my pcket if power button gets knocked.

Surely this is disablable?

Solved! See the solution
Options

1720 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1617 Signins

25273 Page Views

• Views: 25273
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone beeps when I unlock it

2019-12-16, 14:46 PM

wrote:

I am an experienced user working professionally in IT, but I cant work out how to disable unlock beeps!

Phone is locked and screen is blank. I press the power button, the screen wakes up and a get a 'diddly dum' beep, then it reconizes my face or I use my finger print and I get another 'diddly dum' beep.

None of the normal or advanced sound setting seem to disable this. IMy phone beeps when I try to use it drawing attention in meetings, and even beeps in my pcket if power button gets knocked.

Surely this is disablable?

I don't have the same model but....

Phone Settings>Search box and type sound and wait for the list to populate and mine is under Screen Locking Sounds.

HTH :)

Options

5 Posts

12-16-2019

GB

6 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-12-16, 15:50 PM

thanks for getting back - so the locking sounds are for only when you locl the device. this seems to be an unlocking sound which is not covered by that setting.

Options

1720 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1617 Signins

25273 Page Views

• Views: 25273
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-12-16, 18:50 PM

wrote:

thanks for getting back - so the locking sounds are for only when you locl the device. this seems to be an unlocking sound which is not covered by that setting.

Sorry I don't know any more on it as in all the Android phones I've had I've never had an,"Unlock" sound appear :(

Try in Safemode and if it doesn't do it there them it's usually a user installed app causing it.

Power Button>Long press on Shutdown screen>Safemode.

Options

1282 Posts

03-11-2019

US

528 Signins

36510 Page Views

• Views: 36510
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-12-18, 14:52 PM

Hi sjhw,

Thanks for posting. You can turn off the screen lock sound by going to Settings > Sound > Advanced > Screen locking sounds. Let me know if it helps. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

12-16-2019

GB

6 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

Re:Phone beeps when I unlock it

2020-04-24, 10:49 AM

So this was a weird one - this is the root cause.

I have a clear phone case (came with the phone) and I keep my work badge in the back of the case so I can flash it to security and also swipe contactless into various work areas.

THis was ok with previous phone, but with this one the NFC sensor is clearly lower down the phone.

The root case was that if the badge slips further up the back of the phone it means the NFC is activated every time phone is unlocked, which was they trying to talk to the security badge and beeps when it does not like it!

Problem solved - but less than obvious!

:¬)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save