02-19-2020

PL

71 Signins

410 Page Views

• Views: 410
  • Message 11 of 42

Re:Security Update RetGB

2020-03-10, 8:59 AM
And if you want to unlock the bootloader to disable them or show them how underdeveloped they are taking your guarantee. Pathetic creatures.
Options

2030 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2896 Signins

51571 Page Views

• Views: 51571
  • Message 12 of 42

2020-03-10, 12:55 PM

If anyone would like to me to look into this further, please ensure your forum profile is updated with the current model/IMEI of your phone so I can look into it. Click here to updated your profile.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

44 Posts

02-19-2020

PL

71 Signins

410 Page Views

• Message 13 of 42

2020-03-12, 12:46 PM
Do you know when you will start supporting this model? Are you not interested anymore? So many posts in this forum and not a single specific answer.
Options

17 Posts

03-08-2020

AR

50 Signins

525 Page Views

• Views: 525
  • Message 14 of 42

2020-03-17, 13:36 PM

Hey Tom, how are you? People are frustrated mate. Because to be honest Lenovo is doing it again.

Brazil has a January 2020 update, Argentina has a November 2019 one, and apparently the UK a September One?

Come on dude, I recently bought this phone and seriously thinking about returning it. 

Having old updates and no info on what's coming is super frustrating. My mother bought a Moto One Action and that device is getting updates every month. What's the logic in that?

Just tell us when are we going to receive Android 10 or at least push a February security patch to everybody.

Definitely thought that all the hate towards Lenovo was an exaggeration but I'm certain now that it's not.

Options

2030 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2896 Signins

51571 Page Views

• Message 15 of 42

2020-03-17, 16:50 PM

Hey Tom, how are you? People are frustrated mate. Because to be honest Lenovo is doing it again.

Brazil has a January 2020 update, Argentina has a November 2019 one, and apparently the UK a September One?

Come on dude, I recently bought this phone and seriously thinking about returning it. 

Having old updates and no info on what's coming is super frustrating. My mother bought a Moto One Action and that device is getting updates every month. What's the logic in that?

Just tell us when are we going to receive Android 10 or at least push a February security patch to everybody.

Definitely thought that all the hate towards Lenovo was an exaggeration but I'm certain now that it's not.

I understand your frustration. When it comes to updates. I don't ever promise dates as those dates can change.  This is a topic that we're actively pushing form our end and we're ensuring your feedback is being heard by the proper people.  That being said, if you update your forum profile, I can look into your device to do 2 things. One, I can see if updates should be available for your device. Two, if you are on the latest built for your phone, and your device is way behind on security updates, I can escalate to the proper teams that mange the updates. I can't promise faster updates, but I can pass the feedback along.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

44 Posts

02-19-2020

PL

71 Signins

410 Page Views

• Message 16 of 42

2020-03-17, 20:12 PM

I have a completed profile and I can assure you that for me the security patch from November is an embarrassment. You can look there. This is not why Google releases security patches every month for someone to press fairy tales that my phone has up-to-date software. I am not even talking about Android 10 on which this model should work today. Your support is simply pathetic. Real pathology. I hope that this approach will reflect on the sales of your smartphone models. Seriously it's better to buy some Ulefone or Doogee or other Chinese invention and at least don't count on any support.

Options

17 Posts

03-08-2020

AR

50 Signins

525 Page Views

• Views: 525
  • Message 17 of 42

2020-03-18, 0:26 AM

Thank you for your honest reply Tom, seriously.

I'm sure we all really appreciate the effort you guys at motorola do in regards of updates and pushing those when necessary.

The problem that remains is the inconsistency that sometimes ensue. 

Let me give you a quick example, Moto G7 Plus, released with Android 9, updated to Android 10, nothing wrong with that, one major OS update as promised, nice.

However, the next Moto G generation launches, Moto G8 Plus, what should one expect if motorola is promising at least one major OS update? A device with Android 10, which will be updated, in time, to Android 11. That's consistency, that's something that makes sense. 

Now the Moto G8 Plus released with Android 9. What do you guys think will happen if the only major OS update that receive is Android 10? There will be angry people who will never buy Motorola again, having so many brands options out there, is not a hard thing to do, next time just pick a different brand and never return to the one who doesn't mantain a consistency and promises regarding updated, not to mention the delay on those, and that's if any is available at all...

Reviews? Reviewers will massacre a company who launches a device in September 2019 with Android 9 and never give another update besides Android 10, that's a fact, nowadays companies basically can suffer a lot, and I mean A LOT if several bad reviews hit a device they make. 

My point here is, more information released to customers, don't forget people who bought devices from you last year and keep those phones updated, and follow years+updates, don't launch a phone like the Moto G8 Plus with Android 9, that's unacceptable, or at least make clear that the device will receive not only Android 10, but Android 11 as well, following past policies in Moto G phones.

That's it. Thank you again for listening. 

Have a great day.

PS: MFN is something more people should be invited into, some people like me really like to test and provide feedback to new OS releases, etc. and that can make engineers life a lot easier.

Options

26 Posts

03-18-2020

IN

28 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 18 of 42

2020-03-18, 13:46 PM
Motorola Support has gone into a serious hibernation for the last 4 months or so since the release of the Moto G8 Plus, we're not going to get info about the Android 10 update for our phones, well done Motorola, I'll remember this peculiar & arrogant behavior the next time I ever think of purchasing a Motorola phone again in my life, this was my biggest mistake of relying on a company who are going to get washed from the market due to their negligence behavior towards their own consumers who spend their hard earned money for a phone, which will neither have on time security updates nor will we get the OS upgrades, they're going to be doomed in the smartphone industry unless they learn from the mistakes committed. FYI : I hope you realize that almost all the other smartphone brands give a approx time as to when will their phones receive the yearly OS upgrades, whereas Motorola Support wants to hide all the info, as if they're stealing the OS upgrades from some other company. Shame on you Motorola
Options

2030 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2896 Signins

51571 Page Views

• Message 19 of 42

2020-03-19, 17:28 PM

Vijay and thefabgar, your devices were just updated this month to the Jan security update.  

gorbi, it looks like you're correct and your device is still on the Nov security update. Let me see what I can do to try and get you updated to at least the Jan security update like the others on this thread.

As for newer security updates, I would expect to to see a newer build coming soon (next few weeks) assuming everything passes internal testing. As I said before, I won't give any dates I will try to see if I can get you added when we start testing the next security update but I can't gurantee it.

As for Android Q/10, I don't have any information on it. As soon as I have any new info that I can share, I will do that.

-Tom

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

44 Posts

02-19-2020

PL

71 Signins

410 Page Views

• Message 20 of 42

2020-03-20, 7:36 AM
Hi, I already have the January patch. I got it yesterday. We're still waiting for info on Android 10. Regards.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save