Options

16 Posts

12-22-2015

IN

25 Signins

323 Page Views

• Views: 323
  • Message 1 of 5

Security updates and Android 10 update in india ???

2019-11-25, 12:31 PM

How frequently(time span ) Motorola provides google security updates for Moto g8 plus ??

What about Android 10 update when is motorola considering about it ?? 

My phones security update is from September  when will the next update will be releasing

Options

1234 Posts

03-11-2019

US

523 Signins

36050 Page Views

• Views: 36050
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Security updates and Android 10 update in india ???

2019-11-26, 22:27 PM

Hi yashwanthchikka,

Thanks for posting. We never provide exact release dates for software updates, but we are working hard to provide quality updates to eligible devices as quickly as possible. Software can't be released until it's fully tested. And we test to make sure there are no significant errors. So if there are serious errors, the timing would have to move so that they can be addressed. Plus, there may be delays from partners or carriers that also need to conduct tests, and we don't have control over that.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

42 Posts

08-30-2019

HU

169 Signins

1046 Page Views

• Views: 1046
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: Security updates and Android 10 update in india ???

2019-11-30, 14:04 PM

Hi yashwanthchikka,

Don't believe him. Lenovo did release G7 series with a major software issue regarding Audio quality on G7 Plus video camera. Since reported nothing happened. If they did a thorough test they released a series of phones with a major bug intentionally. If they do care of the issues they would already fixed this audio quality bug via software update. If they cannot as it is hardware related they should havel the whole G7 series recalled.

They simply did NOTHING! Think twice before buying any Lenovo/Motorola product.

p.s.: sorry, I forgot to mention that moto agents were bulls.iting few times, you can read it in the linked topic, but since G8 series have been released they simply disappeared leaving us in the middle of nowhere.

Forum is a waste of our time and energy.

2020-01-24, 14:00 PM

I've been asking the Moto_Agents for a update as to when will the Moto G8 Plus receive the Android 10 update, but till date there's no answer from any of the Moto_Agents, what a shame, I'm definitely sure that the Moto G8 Plus was my last Motorola handset that I'll ever buy, better to put in some money and have a phone like Google Pixel or a Nokia, at least where people do answer to the forum, rather than ignoring their own customers, shame on you Motorola ??

Options

8659 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135582 Page Views

• Views: 135582
  • Message 5 of 5

Re: Forum is a waste of our time and energy.

2020-01-24, 17:57 PM

Hi vjrao20,

I merged your post on this thread. Kindly refer to our Software Upgrade page and blog site to keep you updated. Thanks.

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/softwareupgrade/countryselector
https://blog.motorola.com/

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save